HD's 144 1/2 Moon

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife and I decided to take the day off and piddle with the tanks and relax some. We have been battling cyano for a while in the 32 and things are finally clearing up. Finally got the tunze nano ato delivered and setup.

Opted to hold off on the chemiclean for now and only use it if needed.

Continued the weekly 15-20% water changes, repositioned the 1k to the side of the tank horizontally and set it to 100% Gyre mode (made a huge difference), removed the filter floss, hung chemipure blue so the water fall from chamber 1 rolled down it into chamber 2. Two weeks ago stocked another jar of Algeabarn 5280 pods and added cheato to the 2nd chamber. Ton of pods for a 32 but I like overkill. Now I'm getting ready to direct the cheap power head on a couple of nems on the front rock so 2 the 3 on that rock can go to their new home. She is wanting that rock to disapear so she can put @Katrina71 gift in her tank!

This afternoon water test on 144. Who knew playing hooky could be so nice!

IMG_20190123_113219.jpg

IMG_20190123_113045.jpg

Fire!!!!!!

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been battling red planaria flatworms in the wife's tank for quite some time, although they aren't the worst FW's we can encounter they are still an eyesore and a nuisance. We have hit the tank with FW Exit 5 times, yes you read it right 5 times since we started this battle a couple months ago. On the 2nd - the 3rd treatment we adjusted to the max dosage. The product kills the majority each time but never eliminated them 100%. The survivors are easily spotted crawling on the glass and weaving in and out of the substrate. They seem to multiply and build their numbers back up quickly. I can honestly say I'm not real impressed with this particular product. We added a Yellow Coris Wrasse (fantastic fish) that will pick at them from time to time but that's about it. I am adding this to my arsenal, Casella atromarginata, the Bluestreak Nudi Branch. I already have a "next" home lined up if/when it completes it's mission. What a beautiful specimen, the electric looking blue lines are very vibrant, more so in person versus online pics. I will keep everyone posted how this little critter performs.

IMG_20190124_173013.jpg

RayMejia2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse the sump room, my final step is organizing and hanging all my contols. Pretty excited, my buddy completed my ATO and it is the testing phase. You can spot the brains of the unit on the floor. I know, not very classy but it's just a test. He has built in and/or programed several fail safes into it. Works like a champ so far! Setting in a 5 gallon jug as the reservoir, I'm leaning towards another brute trash can or something else. A plastic storage tub would be perfect for my need, do you think that plastic would be safe?

Another question, ok two more questions.
1. How high should my grow light hang? It's about 10" off the cheato. But that light is massive and a 150 watts.
2. There very light flow in the sump, should I have a power head in there to keep the cheato moving or just let it float?

Sorry guys this is my first saltwater big boy toy. :D

IMG_20180930_203029.jpg

I love that Sump. Probably my next sump. What do you think of it?

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was amazed how pretty that thing is, made me start thinking of a new paint scheme for the Harley....it's giving me some inspiration.:rolleyes:
I dare you :p

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that Sump. Probably my next sump. What do you think of it?
So far I like it, I wish I would have gone much bigger but the fishroom wasn't I'm my plans at the time of purchase. The skimmer area has a big foot print which I really like, fuge could be a little bigger. But it's a nice unit if it is going under a stand and you have limited space. It is very quite, which is another plus.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, that's it.....

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU ! ! !
I knew you would brother!

I actually have been looking for some new skins for it. I have a buddy that painted for Big Dogs that said grab your stuff and I'll do anything you want as long as it isn't flames. Lol

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew you would brother!

I actually have been looking for some new skins for it. I have a buddy that painted for Big Dogs that said grab your stuff and I'll do anything you want as long as it isn't flames. Lol
I could have him airbrush my reef on the tank, but a pic of rocks would be boring! ;Hilarious

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back