HD's 144 1/2 Moon

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am officially finished with my fish stocking. I know certain people, not to mention any names but @Geebs19 will try to convince everyone otherwise. :)

Ok, maybe one more, something that will work the sand without causing a huge mess and I AM open to suggestions.

Here is my stocking with my last 2 additions.

2 Gold Lightning Clowns
1 Onespot Foxface
4 Lyretail's
1 Blue Hippo Tang
1 Spotted Yellow Eye Tang
2 Scissortail Gobies
1 Flamehawk
1 Cleaner Wrasse
1 Exquisite Wrasse
1 Pink Margin Wrasse
1 Leopard Wrasse
1 Solorensis Wrasse
1 Swallowtail Angel
1 Tiger Goby

1 Tiger Pistol
2 to 3 nems, can't keep up with them!
Assorted CUC

Now it's time to place some coral so I can catch up with @Dsnakes!:)

IMG_20190411_180516.jpg

IMG_20190411_180542.jpg
Ugh, I have to catch up with myself! Trying to replace the winter’s losses :p

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uggg, it looks like we lost a channel on our Steve's leds on the 32. The white channel is working, something just didn't look right with the tank and now I'm seeing some green algea creaping up on the glass. Been trying for two days to get a response from Steve's. The nems and duncans are not happy right now. Wasn't ready to move the corals to my tank buy desparate times calls for desparate measures.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The store had this fish for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday when I was observing it swim towards the top then swoop back down I noticed all these bubbles and it couldn't figure out where they were coming from. Naturally I started to look closer and couldn't spot anything that stood out. Then I seen this...

The fish gets rid of this trapped air by expelling bubbles from its mouth and anus. In other words, it burps and farts.

Yep, if it works out I will name her Stinky!

Cool, Stinky the farting fish, I'd pay a quarter to see her.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue with my blue channel when I first got my Steve's a couple years back. The lead had popped put of its spot. They were able to walk me through fixing it over the phone. I had already put the hood on the tank and fixed without removing it but it was a pain. Pull the hood and Call them when you have some time. I waited a day or two after emailing then called and got it squared away on first call.

Good luck with the pain points. I know the feeling all to well lately.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue with my blue channel when I first got my Steve's a couple years back. The lead had popped put of its spot. They were able to walk me through fixing it over the phone. I had already put the hood on the tank and fixed without removing it but it was a pain. Pull the hood and Call them when you have some time. I waited a day or two after emailing then called and got it squared away on first call.

Good luck with the pain points. I know the feeling all to well lately.
My problems are small in comparison to what you went through my friend. Thanks, I have a couple of emails and phone calls into them. Doing the sit back and wait game. :)

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So several months ago the wife's tank had a explosion of red planaria FW's. The trained eagle like eye of @Dsnakes spotted them. I have been racking my head trying to figure out where these things may have come from and how they got into her tank. I think I figured it out when I noticed them in my sump on the 144 a few days ago. Cheato is the only common thing in both tanks from the same source. No corals in mine so I was able to eliminate improper dipping, I used dry rock and mix my water for the 144 and buy her water from the lfs. I have 5 wrasses in my big tank so I'm not to worried about them taking over my DT. I am tossing around buying a small 6 line for the sump and giving him to someone at a later date that might be looking for one. Another example of non wanted hitch hikers easily making their way into your system if you let your gaurd down.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No build thread would be complete without challenges from time to time. My challenge happens to be velvet based on my previous experiences with it. This my worst case guess. Yep, tomorrow will be a mad scramble to save what I can. I have 3 of my fav's MIA all of which are my last 3 additions, which sadly were the last 3 to complete my stocking. My pink margin, swallowtail and my yelloweye kole. To say the wind has been knocked out of my sails would be a huge understatement. My yellow Corris is flashing but all others are acting normal for now. It's going to be a busy weekend....

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back