HD's 144 1/2 Moon

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope to see things start swinging back upwards for u sir.

One of the 4 broke out with something overnight so I’m prepping for meds.

;Shifty bleh.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I some how injured one of the females, one eye is really bulging out and now swims in circles. But she is still alive and eating, it just takes a few circles to snag the food.

I lost every one of my favorites. Crazy how that works ... I'm like you, l really love all my wrasses.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it! Sorry about the wrasses, Those always hit me harder than most... Funny I picked up 3.5 :) Lyre tails yesterday. One of the 4 broke out with something overnight so I’m prepping for meds.
I noticed we buy and loose the same fishes, I starting to see a trend here. :D

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it! Sorry about the wrasses, Those always hit me harder than most... Funny I picked up 3.5 :) Lyre tails yesterday. One of the 4 broke out with something overnight so I’m prepping for meds.
Hope it works out my friend, we have both learned how to use the meds and qt the hard way. But if nothing happened I would still be uneducated in that area. I'm trying to find a pro.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are going really well, thanks for asking Rich! I lost my male anthias, but the time I realized something wasn't right and got the qt tank back up and going he vanished. What AMAZED me was how fast mother nature stepped in and transitioned another female in just a little over a week. I am still in awh. All the remaining fish are doing fantastic. The BTA I put in from the wife's tank is now 3, that doesn't excite me to much, lol. Starting to get a sizable gha bloom on one rock which doesn't surprise me since I went through a complete reset. I am actually kind of happy to see it in a wired kind of way. I know its from me overfeeding the remaining fish. I plan to start cutting back now that things are getting back on track. I never had any gha or Coraline on the initial set up which was very surprising. Now I have nice Coraline growth on the back. I plan to give it another week or two then I might slide a coral or two in, still not sure what to go with out of the gate, I need some color though.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always a bummer to lose a fish.

Sounds like everything else is bouncing back, and stable. The corraline speaks for itself. Demanding pics :)
It will be Sunday at the earliest. I hooked on to the 5th wheel and kidnapped my wife for a weekend escape! But I will snap some pics when we get home. :)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are going really well, thanks for asking Rich! I lost my male anthias, but the time I realized something wasn't right and got the qt tank back up and going he vanished. What AMAZED me was how fast mother nature stepped in and transitioned another female in just a little over a week. I am still in awh. All the remaining fish are doing fantastic. The BTA I put in from the wife's tank is now 3, that doesn't excite me to much, lol. Starting to get a sizable gha bloom on one rock which doesn't surprise me since I went through a complete reset. I am actually kind of happy to see it in a wired kind of way. I know its from me overfeeding the remaining fish. I plan to start cutting back now that things are getting back on track. I never had any gha or Coraline on the initial set up which was very surprising. Now I have nice Coraline growth on the back. I plan to give it another week or two then I might slide a coral or two in, still not sure what to go with out of the gate, I need some color though.
Very cool reading about the Anthias transition. The loss was a learning experience at least.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, just went down and noticed my Exquisite in my over flow. Drained the majority of the water and reached in for the grab and knocked my drain pipe out. He had a long ride to the sump. I don't think he will make it. Looks like a spinal injury. :(:(:(

IMG_20190725_191235.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe it! Even though he looks like he just went though a war and all beat up he is actually swimming and eating! ;Jawdrop There maybe some hope after all! ;Joyful

That's phenomenal

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping he pulls through for you! He’s got a story to tell :cool:
Thanks! I will know for sure Sunday when I get back from Grand lake. Kidnapped my favorite granddaughter for the weekend!

IMG_20190726_061804.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back