Heads Up on GHL Connect App

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From GHL on FB:

To all GHL Connect App users
unfortunately, due to problems with the iOS version, we had to make changes to the app storage again, which also affects the Android version. With the next update (planned for next week) all app settings (linked myGHL account, local device connections and app related settings) will be lost and have to be set up again.
To avoid this as much as possible, you can log in to the app with a myGHL account before the update and enable the CloudSync option. This will back up your settings to the myGHL server and automatically restore them after logging in to the new app version.
So after the update, you will only need to log in again with your myGHL account.
We apologize for this inconvenience. We have of course checked all possibilities to avoid this, but unfortunately this change cannot be avoided and an automatic restore of the old settings is not possible.
If you have any problems or further questions about this, please feel free to open a ticket: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/tickets-enquiries/

TigerReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Ditto - after my iphone updated today, my GHL connect app will not save devices or dashboard configuration? I am trying to: add device / P4 Home & P4 Hotspot / from the Connect app home screen but I go through the configuration for each and disconnect from the app the / P4 Home and P4 Hotspot / connections disappear?

Also, I lose all my dashboard tile configurations. Any ideas of what the cause might be? (I mean, besides "user error" ;))

OP
OP
Member No 1

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Ditto - after my iphone updated today, my GHL connect app will not save devices or dashboard configuration? I am trying to: add device / P4 Home & P4 Hotspot / from the Connect app home screen but I go through the configuration for each and disconnect from the app the / P4 Home and P4 Hotspot / connections disappear?

Also, I lose all my dashboard tile configurations. Any ideas of what the cause might be? (I mean, besides "user error" ;))
Is this set?

MeanGull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had known about this before blindly updating.

Would going back to the previous version of the app avoid the need to reprogram every single thing? If so, where can I download it?

Thanks.

Anytka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello, we’re you able to resolve this? I just got my profilux and kh director and have the same issue.

OP
OP
Member No 1

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, we’re you able to resolve this? I just got my profilux and kh director and have the same issue.
It's an Apple security issue with the app. I am running iOS 14 on my iPad 11 Pro, it doesn't save settings. my iPhone 12 Pro running a beta version of iOS 15, and no issues saving the settings. Hopefully once Apple releases iOS 15 to the public in September, they don't break this.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back