Heartbroken - 4 Fish Down in 2 Days - Help with ID please

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is peroxide treatment? Similar to freshwater dip? Also what fish are copper sensitive...he heard rumors but not seen a specific list in a long while.
Its a dip with peroxide. Peroxide treatments are being discussed on the humble.fish forum. See below for the link to the hybrid tank transfer method I used on my eel and puffer when they had velvet. It worked out well.

Scale less fish such as Puffers and eels are easily affected by copper. I know there are also some wrasse species, but I dont remember which ones. I had my eel and puffer in copper initially and I could tell they did not like it. Once I got them out and started the hybrid tank transfer method they immediately looked better and were eating.

OP
OP
Stevorino

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update and glad to hear the remaining fish are doing well. Its a long process (I've done it twice now), but worth it. Its why I now qt everything first.

One issue I ran into during the fallow period on my display tank was keeping my nutrients up. I wasn't paying attention to the fallow display tank and all of a sudden my nitrates and phosphates dropped to zero. I had to feed the tank to keep nutrients up. Just mentioning it because its something I didnt think about when going fallow.
Appreciate that heads up!

I’ve cut back feeding and filtration but still feeding same kind of diet to tank. Plan on continuing to test weekly, etc.

Corals and anemone are still in there and doing well, though I’m a little nervous that’ll be hard to keep up for 60 days without fish

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate that heads up!

I’ve cut back feeding and filtration but still feeding same kind of diet to tank. Plan on continuing to test weekly, etc.

Corals and anemone are still in there and doing well, though I’m a little nervous that’ll be hard to keep up for 60 days without fish
Yea I actually found the fallow tank to require more upkeep than the qt lol. I naturally ran a high nutrient tank even with a protein skimmer, filter roller and refugium so I never expected my nutrients to hit zero. I ended up turning my roller mat and skimmer off and just feeding frozen pe mysis to keep the nutrients up.

I also had to manually clean a lot more algae since I didn't have any fish to do the work for me. I dont keep a clean up crew because of some of the fish I keep.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back