OP
OP
PhantomHalo

PhantomHalo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to grab the nicer ones out and just let things ride out. I’ll stop with the dosing for now too. Should I bring the temp back up to 78 or leave it at 75? When will/how will I know when the tank is stable again or when the toxins are no longer a concern? Any ideas?

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my friend I had him buy a cheap frag (acro) and see how it does, he did and it’s been a week and all is good

This being said what pieces went through the nightmare (that didn’t die) still look horrible and it may be a long time before they do.

I’ve seen this happen on other corals for whatever reason they became stressed and it took a long tine to recover

There is lots of opinion on the right tank temp, personally I shoot for 77 sonI have a buffer up and down if something happened. Cooler is always better, corals won’t tolerate a 5 degree jump but they can handle a 10 degree drop

OP
OP
PhantomHalo

PhantomHalo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my friend I had him buy a cheap frag (acro) and see how it does, he did and it’s been a week and all is good

This being said what pieces went through the nightmare (that didn’t die) still look horrible and it may be a long time before they do.

I’ve seen this happen on other corals for whatever reason they became stressed and it took a long tine to recover

There is lots of opinion on the right tank temp, personally I shoot for 77 sonI have a buffer up and down if something happened. Cooler is always better, corals won’t tolerate a 5 degree jump but they can handle a 10 degree drop

Gotcha. Good plan to see if it’s good to go. I was reading on here that to stop the bleaching and reduce stress that the tank temp should be lowered to 74 and reduce the lighting period. That was why I did that. I did it down to 75 over a few days so I didn’t shock the corals and fish. About a degree a day. I agree at keeping it at 77. I’ll probably do the same when I bring it back up. Final question for now. Lol These are pics of some of the corals with the lights off. (Has been like this since before the incident btw.) Does this look like the corals being burned, not enough light, or? They look white and dull, but with the lights on, especially the actinics, they do have color.

F1B460BD-F127-48D1-ADD0-1597DDD8EEDE.jpeg 09AE8BD3-1DF9-409A-9011-29F2C8B1AEEB.jpeg B1994422-454D-4AAF-B37E-B52A1FE41EFE.jpeg

OP
OP
PhantomHalo

PhantomHalo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I lost a half dozen corals after this mess, but the other corals are finally starting to get their color back. Got all new lighting because I found out my old lighting was garbage. Now to get rid of my GHA problem...lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back