Heater for IM 25 Lagoon

Chunkyfuzzbucket

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2026
Messages
29
Reaction score
4
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are many threads regarding heaters, but there's so much conflicting information, and I'm having trouble settling on a heater that
1. Will be enough wattage, and
2. Will be able to fit the IM 25 Lagoon in the AIO chamber

I would like to eventually get 2 heaters for redundancy, but just want to get my tank cycle started for now.

Whatever heater I get, it will be hooked up to an Inkbird Controller

I was looking at the eheim jager 100w, which is 12.2 inches, but the im25 is only 11.5 in the pump return. And I don't even know if 100w would be enough as the room temp gets down to 60 in the winter

Or a 100w Aqueon preset heater, but not sure if those are reliable, but is small and will easily fit into the aio chamber

Would a single 100w be enough? Do I need 150w? Or should I be doing (2) 75w?

I appreciate any help!
 
100 watt should do fine I have mine in the display, one for backup, depending on your temperature region. My 25 AIO tank stays at 79 year round in NH.
 
100 watt should do fine I have mine in the display, one for backup, depending on your temperature region. My 25 AIO tank stays at 79 year round in NH.
Thank you for the reply. Which brand heater do you use?
 
I have a 100w BRS titanium angled in the return chamber. I do have to unhook one side of the return to get it out.
Thank you for your reply. Does the 100w run all the time? Or does it have times where it turns off?
 
eheim jager 100w yes it has a thermostat. has a light when on, it run occasionally for a few minutes. 18 inch sides.
1772299587509.jpeg
 
I looked on the inkbird app. Looks like it will turn on for about 30 minutes then be off for 1.5 hrs. That was last night in a room which stays around 69°.
 
I looked on the inkbird app. Looks like it will turn on for about 30 minutes then be off for 1.5 hrs. That was last night in a room which stays around 69°.
I assume you have the inkbird model with WiFi? I didn't realize it can give you stats
 
20260228_131149.jpg


This is what use on my IM 25 lagoon. Nothing fancy, decent price, gets the job done, and doesn't take up much room.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new