Heaters. What are you using.

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the recent brs episode, I got thinking about heaters.

I hate how heaters and considered consumable and not expected to last greater than three years. How long has your heater Been running?

Any one have experience with aqueon pro heaters? They come with a lifetime warrantee and for $30 it's equivalent to a jager heater.

Anyways what so you guys think are the best heaters for the money and why?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Aqueon heater that I use in winter when mixing new water, but no consistent use to provide a useful review of it. Works when I need it.

Same here I use a aqueoun for water changes But I use a Jager with an inkbird for good redundancy

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finnex using apex as the controller

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finnex titanium with inkbird controller. I currently run four of them of various sizes on my tanks and one with a built in thermostat for mixing.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had a heater last more than a few years. I currently have 2 100w finnex titanium heaters in my nano reef (I like redundancy)

Oh yeah I use my Apex to control them with 1 set at 79 and the other at 78 on their own controllers and both on the same apex outlet. I do this so one is used more than the other.

chamjack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eight years now, I have been runing 3 eheim jagers controlled by a ranco temp controller. Apex monitors water temp but doesn’t control the heaters.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I retired my old "ebo Jager " heaters after ten years. I replaced them two years ago with "eheim jagers" I try to not fully submerse them and use a controller.

Atti2de

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have Jagers in both my nanos ran off my Apex. one Jager in my DT along with a finnex back up, those are run off Finnex controllers until next month. Then they will be Apex controlled.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what brand heater I have, Ehiem maybe, but I know I paid good money for it 11 years ago, keeps tank steady at 78.6

robert teseo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I,m going to try something new, I bought a chiller that has a built in heater.i,m going to unplug the sump heater and see how it works out

liveround69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the JBJ True Temp heater system. I have 2 of them on my systems and havent had a problem since i purchased them about 3 years ago. Great accuracy +/- 1 degree. Kind of pricey though. Usually runs a bit over $120 but sometimes you can catch an open box discount on Amazon for a $100.

kazikage42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the recent brs episode, I got thinking about heaters.

I hate how heaters and considered consumable and not expected to last greater than three years. How long has your heater Been running?

Any one have experience with aqueon pro heaters? They come with a lifetime warrantee and for $30 it's equivalent to a jager heater.

Anyways what so you guys think are the best heaters for the money and why?
I've always used Aqueon Pro heaters. Super durable and never had one failed on me "knock on wood". I've tried eheim heaters but I can never get the temp right.

Back