Heaters

  • Thread starter Thread starter geko522
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

geko522

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2024
Messages
139
Reaction score
49
Location
Boynton Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120g tank and a 40g breeder sump, with all the rock and sand, I figure I am at 120g total between the two. I want to run two heaters in case on goes out the other is on standby, or using two to heat the water. Question is, what is the best and safe way to run two heaters? Should I get two that would heat upto 75g or 1 that heats at 120g and a back up at 120g. Thanks for the help!
 
I run Three separate smaller heaters in my 75 with a 40 breeder sump. If one sticks on it should not cook the tank, or at least give you time to catch it, if one fails it should in theory still keep the tank going.
 
I run Three separate smaller heaters in my 75 with a 40 breeder sump. If one sticks on it should not cook the tank, or at least give you time to catch it, if one fails it should in theory still keep the tank going.
Thanks for the information, this is what I was asking in my question. Appreciate your help, I think I'll do something similar to this.
 
I have a 120g tank and a 40g breeder sump, with all the rock and sand, I figure I am at 120g total between the two. I want to run two heaters in case on goes out the other is on standby, or using two to heat the water. Question is, what is the best and safe way to run two heaters? Should I get two that would heat upto 75g or 1 that heats at 120g and a back up at 120g. Thanks for the help!
Just to add to @Snoopy 67 's comment. On my BioCube I use two smaller Aqueon preset heaters with an Inkbird controller. If either of the heaters stick the controller should catch it. If the controller sticks closed then the heaters shouldn't go higher than their preset. Of course if they all stick closed then you have really bad luck but not as bad as your tank inhabitants. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new