Heating redundancies

biggie4jets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just purchased an Inkbird from BRS and hooked it up today. I bought so I can have 2 heaters in the inkbird while only using 1 outlet in the EB832. My question is, one of my heaters has its own built in finnex controller on it. Is it okay to have essentially 3 controllers on this one heater? My other heater only has the inkbird and apex.

My 2 heaters are a 200w finnex with built in controller and the other is a 300w finnex with no built in controller.

Note: the apex outlet the heater is on, is constantly on unless it goes over 82. This way the socket isn’t turning on and off all the time.

Thanks!

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know about Apex, wish I did, because then I would own one lol.

As for the ink bird with a heater that already has a controller, that’s fine. I use that setup for a fail safe. If the heater gets nutty and wants to just stay on, the ink bird will shut it off. If my ink bird gets stuck on, on the heater will turn itself off. Can’t see having a third fail safe on the heater being a bad thing. Unless one gets unplugged or breaks and turns off the heater completely.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back