Heliofungia actiniformis

Joel Schommer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this beautiful Long Tentacle Plate Coral (Heliofungia Actiniformis) for about a month now in which I have attached a picture of. Can anybody tell me what there lifespan is in the Aquarium? I've looked everywhere and I cannot find anything with actual documentation.

Thanks,

IMG_20190105_091846743.jpg

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite corals... I looked for one for months. I was so excited when I finally found one but it only lived about six months. Out of the blue, it started to bleach... nothing else in the tank was in trouble or suffering. I tried everything I knew to save it but, in the end, it died. I started asking around and was told they don’t do well in aquariums. I’m not sure how accurate that is but I won’t get another. It broke my heart to watch it die. Good luck with yours... it’s beautiful!

OP
OP
Joel Schommer

Joel Schommer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite corals... I looked for one for months. I was so excited when I finally found one but it only lived about six months. Out of the blue, it started to bleach... nothing else in the tank was in trouble or suffering. I tried everything I knew to save it but, in the end, it died. I started asking around and was told they don’t do well in aquariums. I’m not sure how accurate that is but I won’t get another. It broke my heart to watch it die. Good luck with yours... it’s beautiful!
Well, good to hear. I have read where some people say they heard that 6 month mark and I do know where I have read where somebody has had one for 2 years. So it must be a hit or miss. Thanks for your experience, I hope down the road I can give an update.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not think anyone really knows much with individual corals.
Most corals in theory should live forever as long as condition are right and they get what they want.
I mean most wild corals probably die due to predation from animals, storms or war with other corals etc..

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back