Hellfire torch vs Dragon Soul torch ID

FarmerTy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can any gurus tell me the key differences between a dragon soul torch and a hellfire torch? I’m a gold torch newb and want to learn.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Bought the bottom one as a Gator Corals Hellfire and the right one as a Sho Tank Dragon Soul. The top is easy to identify... holy grail. Any help would be appreciated.

2742E789-BFB7-4D5E-B9EB-E9974EDD5D19.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Purplelobst92

View Badges
Reaction score
the dragon soul and hellfire are basically the same, just different hype names to make them overpriced the torch hype is out of control.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a bunch of Dragon Souls. Some of them have a more yellowish green stripe on the tentacles.

John Sullivan

View Badges
Reaction score
Here are my Hellfire torches next to one of my WWC Dragon Soul frags. In front is a slight ****** off ASD Holy Grail. All are lineaged and have been in my tanks for sometime now.

Pretty clear differences.

Hope this helps.

20200112_195943.jpg

OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Here are my Hellfire torches next to one of my WWC Dragon Soul frags. In front is a slight ****** off ASD Holy Grail. All are lineaged and have been in my tanks for sometime now.

Pretty clear differences.

Hope this helps.

20200112_195943.jpg
Thank you John for the response! I didn't realize the amount of par plays such a huge part in coloration of the torches. I can get my dragon soul and hellfire to go more gold just by putting them under higher par. Interesting to play with! Beautiful collection there sir!

Corals.com

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you John for the response! I didn't realize the amount of par plays such a huge part in coloration of the torches. I can get my dragon soul and hellfire to go more gold just by putting them under higher par. Interesting to play with! Beautiful collection there sir!
Wait, is this a real thing? I have never heard this before. I also wish I could get gold to come out in my pictures. Any help with that? Yep have an iPhone XS Max if that’s important.

picture from front to back;
Aussie highlighter
Indo hellfire
Dragon soul

232CBFF8-10B8-49F4-A8C6-666AF34CA619.jpeg

Whatsump

View Badges
Reaction score
My opinion is dragon souls and hellfire are the same color. Dragon soul the colors are stripped with aqua green tips and the hell fire the colors go more into bands with aqua blue tips. Just what I've noticed with mine.

ReefBlackburn

View Badges
Reaction score
I’m curious as well to what is the best Par for Indo torch corals. I have a dragon soul and looking to add NY Knick, and Hellfire.

Where do you stand on water changes for your reef tank?

• Regular Water Changes

Votes: 575 61.5%
  • Occasional Water Changes

Votes: 182 19.5%
  • Very Seldom Water Changes

Votes: 70 7.5%
  • Water Change ONLY when there is an issue

Votes: 76 8.1%
  • NO Water Changes Ever

Votes: 32 3.4%

Online statistics

Members online