Hellfire torch vs Dragon Soul torch ID

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any gurus tell me the key differences between a dragon soul torch and a hellfire torch? I’m a gold torch newb and want to learn.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought the bottom one as a Gator Corals Hellfire and the right one as a Sho Tank Dragon Soul. The top is easy to identify... holy grail. Any help would be appreciated.

2742E789-BFB7-4D5E-B9EB-E9974EDD5D19.jpeg

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch of Dragon Souls. Some of them have a more yellowish green stripe on the tentacles.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my Hellfire torches next to one of my WWC Dragon Soul frags. In front is a slight ****** off ASD Holy Grail. All are lineaged and have been in my tanks for sometime now.

Pretty clear differences.

Hope this helps.

20200112_195943.jpg
Thank you John for the response! I didn't realize the amount of par plays such a huge part in coloration of the torches. I can get my dragon soul and hellfire to go more gold just by putting them under higher par. Interesting to play with! Beautiful collection there sir!

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you John for the response! I didn't realize the amount of par plays such a huge part in coloration of the torches. I can get my dragon soul and hellfire to go more gold just by putting them under higher par. Interesting to play with! Beautiful collection there sir!
Wait, is this a real thing? I have never heard this before. I also wish I could get gold to come out in my pictures. Any help with that? Yep have an iPhone XS Max if that’s important.

picture from front to back;
Aussie highlighter
Indo hellfire
Dragon soul

232CBFF8-10B8-49F4-A8C6-666AF34CA619.jpeg

Whatsump

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion is dragon souls and hellfire are the same color. Dragon soul the colors are stripped with aqua green tips and the hell fire the colors go more into bands with aqua blue tips. Just what I've noticed with mine.

ReefBlackburn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious as well to what is the best Par for Indo torch corals. I have a dragon soul and looking to add NY Knick, and Hellfire.

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I purchase one of those indo hellfires from?
The hellfire has neon green tips, while the dragon soul seems to have teal tips. I can definitely see a difference in person.

I just purchased a double head hellfire from @WestCoastCorals in Los Angeles. I got it at an amazing price! Check them out on Instagram. Drew says they are about to get a ton more!:)

WestCoastCorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hellfire has neon green tips, while the dragon soul seems to have teal tips. I can definitely see a difference in person.

I just purchased a double head hellfire from @WestCoastCorals in Los Angeles. I got it at an amazing price! Check them out on Instagram. Drew says they are about to get a ton more!:)
Thanks so much Daniel!

We are going to get some more in soon and love hooking up all our customers. If anyone is looking for any torches or any type of coral feel free to reach out to us.

-West Coast Corals
WestCoastCorals.com

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I purchase one of those indo hellfires from?
ajsaquariums.com has hellfire for 149.00 single heads! Sound like a good price? I paid the same for my dragon soul. I live45 minutes away from his shop so it helps to not have to pay shipping! He has high end corals and crazy ebay auctions as well!

I googled hellfire and came across this thread. I t looks to be much more gold in John Sullivan pics! Wonder if grown in same par and he moved close together for pic!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my Hellfire torches next to one of my WWC Dragon Soul frags. In front is a slight ticked off ASD Holy Grail. All are lineaged and have been in my tanks for sometime now.

Pretty clear differences.

Hope this helps.

20200112_195943.jpg
Gorgeous collection! I am jealous! Did you grow these in same par and move close together for sake of pic?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous collection! I am jealous! Did you grow these in same par and move close together for sake of pic?
FWIW, if I put my dragon souls under lower par, around 150-200. They look like the darker torch on the right. If I put them in 300-350 par, they go super gold/yellow like the hellfire on the left.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back