Hellfire Torch

moryan86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was moving some live rocks around to adjust for PAR for corals and the one with my torches fell over. My Hellfire torch hit the glass and lost some polyps but retracted the rest. I came downstairs this morning and this is what I found. Not sure if it’s dying or dead. I have a Wolverine torch and it’s fine so my question will it recover on its own?

image.jpg

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the fall caused an injury and then an infection. Euphyllia are prone to this. Can try an iodine or peroxide bath but IME once it gets to this stage it’s a goner.

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell, but looks like there are still polyps in the center. Let it alone and it might recover. My torches close like this at night and then reopen. If things looks white and fuzzy could be bacterial infection, or as someone mentioned Brown Jelly disease is a real thing, and pretty virulent. You can try iodine dips (never heard of hydrogen peroxide dips for anything but zoas), but Brown Jelly can spread to other corals, so take that into account in your decision to risk it, or remove it...

Back