Hello all - re entering reef with a 3 gallon

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I still keep freshwater planted tanks but have wanted to start a reef again since mine crashed a few years ago. I started with a 1 gallon jar to a 1 gallon nano invert only cube tank. They were on sale so I got myself a 1 gallon and the other half a 3 gallon to set up as a planted beta tank for her office.

After looking at her 3 gallon I decided to up to one of those as well and I'll turn the 1 gallon to something else. I've also gone through a couple different pieces of equipment as well.

3 gallon rimless cube
Mini HOB filter for flow, copes and filtration
Couple live rocks
3 zoa frags, 1 annoying mushroom, 2 gsp frags and 1 candy cane. Nothing overly expensive
2 mini heaters
Generic budget reef light off Amazon but it works
1 dwarf coral banded, 1 red hermit, few snails, green emerald crab, and a pom pom that seems to hide all the time.
PXL_20220917_030002750.MP.jpg

Hi Nick and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you two in Connecticut:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
E

EvilNick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Nick and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you two in Connecticut:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

I can but I don't have any build pics from the 3g. I have a couple from setting up the jar.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back