Hello All

Good morning everyone, I am reroka (Richard) I am new to saltwater reef aquarium. I have always wanted a salt water tank and now I have one. I started off small to make sure I can do it before going bigger. So right now I have a biocube 16 gallon tank, I have two clown fish and one royal gramma in it with some snails and crabs. I also have a pipe organ coral which seems to be having issues, I have two different types star polyps, and a green star polyps.

Right now my tanks stats are as follows.
Ph 7.8
Ca 420ppm
Dkh is 15 This is where my problem is. from my reading this is way to high.
Nitrate 0ppm to 5ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
ammonia 0 ppm
I do not know my Mag levels.

I'm using api test kit atm, however I order a set of hannan digital testers for cal, and Dkh and looking for a better test kit for the others.

My pipe organ coral seems to not want to open, I am not sure as to why. I was thinking it's because my crab climbs on it every day to pick items up to eat (or maybe he is eating it?) but the last 3 days it has not opened. Any help would be great.

The picture of my tank is attached.
Thanks everyone.

P.S
I have lurked here for sometime just reading what everyone said and advice.

tank.jpg
Welcome to R2R Richard. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new