Hello Everyone new couple!!

Jebber

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to Hobby.Me and my wife were out shopping at xmas time and we wondered into a fish store to look around!! The reef tanks with all the corals really caught are eyes and we both said just about the same time I want one!! So here we are 4 months later and we got a 75 gallon.Now I kick myself in the but for buying the first tank we came across. we stopped in at Petco and they had tanks on sale so we bought the 75 gallon with out doing any research.come to find out that I really wanted a tank with over flows built into it so we could have a sump. But we decided to work with what we had so we got a canister filter (floval 406) now I have added my own filter media to it.we have filled 3 of the trays up with biohome ultimate marine. we also got a ro/di system so we can make are own water.we have a finnex digital heater temp control with a 500wat finnex heater.we also are running two 1500 koralias at the front of the tank being controlled with the smart wave I did research them before we got them and a lot of people said they make noise when being controlled and they do but we don't even notice it anymore we also have a koralias 850 in the back of the tank just to get flow behind the rock. now the rock we ordered 90 pounds of reef saver rock from bulk reef supply which we let set in a can with flow,heat and saltwater for 1 month now we didn't use all 90 pounds but I'm guessing we used 70 lbs of it. we also used 60 lbs caribsea special grade live reef sand also ordered from BRS. now I guess I should said this at the beginning but me and my wife are in are early 40 we live in rural PA and we both work full time jobs and the closest saltwater fish store is about 1 hour away witch isn't to bad if we had more time.now back to tank salinity is 1.025 keeping tank temp around 79,80.on march 26 we added a bottle of bio-spira and I put a shrimp in a mesh bag hopping it would rot and make ammonia but after 2 weeks the shrimp did rot but never got any ammonia no nitrite no nothing so I started ghost feeding about 5 days ago and I can notice a little bit of change in color on my ammonia!! I no u got to have patience in this hobby but man I cant wait to get are two misbar ocellaris clown fish in the tank!! they have been in the QT tank for about 2 in a half weeks. it looks 2 us that they are starting the pairing dance it is funny watching them do their thing!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r17.gif

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to Mr. & Mrs @Jebber ! I'm glad you joined us. My first reef tank was a 75 gallon and I loved it. You can do so much with it. You are really going to enjoy yourself. Both of you, feel free to ask questions and the veterans on here will be happy to help. Welcome to R2R!
Hi there.gif

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back