Hello Everyone

ReeferTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the time has finally come for me to rejoin the hobby!!!!! A little back story/venting, I had hand built my old tank from scratch in my garage (including tank). It was up and running for about 4 years and was sps dominate. Stunning tank in my opinion, if i can figure out posting pictures i will!! So my wife and i decided in 2016 it was a good time for use to move as our family was growing. Well typically you have time with the home selling process, well not so much in our case, the house sold in 4 hours and the buyer wanted to move in within 3weeks!!!! Yeah crap i had to pack an entire house plus deal with a 250 gallon heavily stocked reef tank plus all the accumulated reef crap. It came down to the wire where i didnt want all the live stock to die as I really didnt have a plane in place and having to rent an apartment for 6 month i decided to sell what i could for next to nothing and all remaining live stock was taken to the LFS closest to me ( I wont mention names) . The deal we made was they would take all my live stock, rock, equipment and such and sell it and when we were settled into our new home I would be given decent discount on purchasing new equipment and what not. Well in 2017 I returned to Said LFS to start acquiring a new set up. Unfortunately for me they now seemed to not know who i was and dont recall ever even meeting me ( even though a couple of my huge colonies were in there display tanks). So that really bummed me out and I decided to not set anything up then. So that LFS can you know what in my opinion and I will never do business there again and will not and have not recommend then.

So anyways fast forward to now!
I have purchased an Aqua Japan 150 and currently in the process of setting it up!!!! I will make a new thread of the build if anyone maybe interested and look forward to rejoining FRAG!!! I was in shocked when I went to RC and saw no one there anymore LOL!! Anyhow HELLO and look forward to rejoining the hobby!!! REEF ON!!!!!

If the pictures loaded the tank full of coral is the old one i built and the empty one with rock is the new build

reef old.jpg reef new.jpg

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Awesome to have an old reefer back. Looking forward to seeing your tank progress.

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! Love to know which lfs it was as i had a similar issue. I say similar because i was breaking down a 50g softie/lps tank and about 5 fish but they claimed to have never made a deal to give me store credit even though my yasha goby is still there in the same exact spot...jerks lol.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back