Hello everyone

killereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in to the reef bis, I have been out for a while now and boy got to remember the basic reef keeping. I bought a JBJ 30 gal cube rimless glass tank with built on sump. Just the other day I purchased a Tunze 9002 skimmer. Now I remember how come my wallet was always empty, but hopefully, I can cry enough tears to fill up my tank so i can at least cut down on cost......lol. This is my 1st time being on the site, thx to rcmike telling me bout it (maybe a bad thing). Im hoping, that this site have a good for sale thread. Chris, Chris, Mike, Eric and everyone else.....hoping to see u guys again.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see you made it over here after we worked our way around the RC censorship. :neutral:

OP
OP
killereef

killereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, RC censored the thread so all i saw was http://www.*********.com/forums/midd...see-reef-club . .... so I did a google search. Thanks Mike for letting me know bout this forum. Man, this 30gal has already made my back pocket empty. The tank cost 299 plus tax. Yesterday I ordered Tunze 9002 153 plus shipping. Today just came back from Aquatic Critter with reef crystal salt (makes 25 gal), 1 bag of live sand, two part buffer and cleaning sip fin holes and a hydrometer, all for 120....dam what happen. This is suppose to be a cheap hobby...haha. I need to go back to buy at least 2 more bags of live sand. It sucks that I had all of these and sold them all and gave away most of the supplements, additives, salt, maintenance equips, and others. Now im starting from scratch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
killereef

killereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank check
salt check
MTRC Not Check

I forgot bout the club. Ok got to go join.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

OP
OP
killereef

killereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx revhtree.......WAZ UP eric. How is everything. You still have all those nice cameras? What size tank do u have now and post some pics?

reewik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx revhtree.......WAZ UP eric. How is everything. You still have all those nice cameras? What size tank do u have now and post some pics?

Nope sold them all... Had to buy a Jeep to play with!! I have a few picks on here already. I have a small tank now (180)

OP
OP
killereef

killereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx boxer

Eric...lol....just a small 180...is their suck a thing, small describle my 30. I wished i still have my small 220 and my very small 75. Jeeps are fun, but motorcycle is better. When u going to join me and my cousin in buying one? When you do, lets go riding....better yet I have 5 extra, come and lets go riding.
Back to my ultra small tank, last nite I placed an ordered thru Amazon for 2 more bags of live sand, JBJ Oceanstream Circulation Pump/Powerhead + Duo Wavemaker Kit 500 gph, Ph/Alk/Ca test kit and a digital temp. This little tank is adding up. I was hoping with a small tank , small budget ( didnt do my research again).

VandyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx boxer

Eric...lol....just a small 180...is their suck a thing, small describle my 30. I wished i still have my small 220 and my very small 75. Jeeps are fun, but motorcycle is better. When u going to join me and my cousin in buying one? When you do, lets go riding....better yet I have 5 extra, come and lets go riding.
Back to my ultra small tank, last nite I placed an ordered thru Amazon for 2 more bags of live sand, JBJ Oceanstream Circulation Pump/Powerhead + Duo Wavemaker Kit 500 gph, Ph/Alk/Ca test kit and a digital temp. This little tank is adding up. I was hoping with a small tank , small budget ( didnt do my research again).

Ain't this the truth, I have way more money (about $2000) in my 30g setup than I had in the 90g!

OP
OP
killereef

killereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol...Darrell, how have u been? Man, nothing is cheap anymore, hobby wise. I should just start a rock tank and and plastic nemo....lol. By the way, anyone owns or had the JBJ oceanstream? Im hoping they are good since I already bought one.

VandyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol...Darrell, how have u been? Man, nothing is cheap anymore, hobby wise. I should just start a rock tank and and plastic nemo....lol. By the way, anyone owns or had the JBJ oceanstream? Im hoping they are good since I already bought one.

Doing good, just getting back in myself. The good thing about our 30's is it won't take as much coral to fillem up. So, we save money......... not!

OP
OP
killereef

killereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darrell...lol.....u r so right. I want to go to the frag swap. hopefully I will have my tank up and ready, but I doubt it. I will prob want to buy everything. Fishdoc, RCMike, and Gary, Im going to find u guys so hopefully your be there to sell. I know Gary will be so I can always count on him.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 58 43.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 62 46.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back