Hello everyone

Jay B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have been reefing, or trying to, for at least 15 years. I started a small tank in Phoenix AZ back in the '80's and then took a long break before starting up again around 2003. Fast forward to now and I've been reading this forum for several years and recently thought that I should actually join R2R. I don't get much computer time everyday due to work and commute schedule so I may not be prompt with a response. I apologize in advance. Also I am not very tech savvy so I will probably miss some of the obvious and straight forward things that are staring me in the face. That being said, I have a 120 gal tank that is in my basement that I like to tinker with. I like the ebb and flow of soft LPS corals and have not really ventured far from there. This is not my 1st tank and I have experienced everything from moving tanks, total tank kill from freshwater valve left open, huge algae problems, fish jumping out and many things in between. Many of these things happened before online videos and forums became popular. For the last few years things have been smooth. Better skimmers, Apex control, LED lights and applying lessons from the past and of course this vast ocean of knowledge, ideas and angles here on R2R. Thank you in advance. J

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone. I have been reefing, or trying to, for at least 15 years. I started a small tank in Phoenix AZ back in the '80's and then took a long break before starting up again around 2003. Fast forward to now and I've been reading this forum for several years and recently thought that I should actually join R2R. I don't get much computer time everyday due to work and commute schedule so I may not be prompt with a response. I apologize in advance. Also I am not very tech savvy so I will probably miss some of the obvious and straight forward things that are staring me in the face. That being said, I have a 120 gal tank that is in my basement that I like to tinker with. I like the ebb and flow of soft LPS corals and have not really ventured far from there. This is not my 1st tank and I have experienced everything from moving tanks, total tank kill from freshwater valve left open, huge algae problems, fish jumping out and many things in between. Many of these things happened before online videos and forums became popular. For the last few years things have been smooth. Better skimmers, Apex control, LED lights and applying lessons from the past and of course this vast ocean of knowledge, ideas and angles here on R2R. Thank you in advance. J
Congrats - will be anxious to see pictures!!

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the game! I know all about long layoffs.
ZomboMeme 19072021194517.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back