Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome Aboard Comedy Bang Bang GIF

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have been reefing, or trying to, for at least 15 years. I started a small tank in Phoenix AZ back in the '80's and then took a long break before starting up again around 2003. Fast forward to now and I've been reading this forum for several years and recently thought that I should actually join R2R. I don't get much computer time everyday due to work and commute schedule so I may not be prompt with a response. I apologize in advance. Also I am not very tech savvy so I will probably miss some of the obvious and straight forward things that are staring me in the face. That being said, I have a 120 gal tank that is in my basement that I like to tinker with. I like the ebb and flow of soft LPS corals and have not really ventured far from there. This is not my 1st tank and I have experienced everything from moving tanks, total tank kill from freshwater valve left open, huge algae problems, fish jumping out and many things in between. Many of these things happened before online videos and forums became popular. For the last few years things have been smooth. Better skimmers, Apex control, LED lights and applying lessons from the past and of course this vast ocean of knowledge, ideas and angles here on R2R. Thank you in advance. J
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have been reefing, or trying to, for at least 15 years. I started a small tank in Phoenix AZ back in the '80's and then took a long break before starting up again around 2003. Fast forward to now and I've been reading this forum for several years and recently thought that I should actually join R2R. I don't get much computer time everyday due to work and commute schedule so I may not be prompt with a response. I apologize in advance. Also I am not very tech savvy so I will probably miss some of the obvious and straight forward things that are staring me in the face. That being said, I have a 120 gal tank that is in my basement that I like to tinker with. I like the ebb and flow of soft LPS corals and have not really ventured far from there. This is not my 1st tank and I have experienced everything from moving tanks, total tank kill from freshwater valve left open, huge algae problems, fish jumping out and many things in between. Many of these things happened before online videos and forums became popular. For the last few years things have been smooth. Better skimmers, Apex control, LED lights and applying lessons from the past and of course this vast ocean of knowledge, ideas and angles here on R2R. Thank you in advance. J
Welcome to Da Reef!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi Jay and Welcome! Sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability which is great life skill and useful in this hobby!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 72267.png
    72267.png
    57 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
J

Jay B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for such a warm and creative welcome. I look forward to picking your brains here and there as time goes on. The tanks I see in your pictures are fantastic. I will try to get some pictures up soon and maybe start a build thread even though this tank has been up for more than 10 years. I'm not sure where to start but I will try and find some pics. Currently, I am really good at growing vermitid snails which I have been battling for some time.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back