Hello Everyone

CosmicMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

My name is Michael and I am just now starting to plan a new 100 gallon build.

I previously had a 55 Gallon reef setup but I ended up having to move around last February. (Link to 55 Gallon build)

At first moving the tank was being planned but since I was going to be waiting for new construction, I ended up dismantling it.

Finally, I am in the new home and am going to get started pretty soon.

Looking forward to being part of reef2reef.

- Michael

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I previously had a 55 Gallon reef setup but I ended up having to move around last February. (Link to 55 Gallon build)

At first moving the tank was being planned but since I was going to be waiting for new construction, I ended up dismantling it.

- Michael

Hi Michael and Welcome! Glad you joined. I am SO excited you already support your local NJ Club!! There is magic in those local relationships.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). It is never to early to start thread for new tank or you might consider having build thread moved from NJ (copy & paste) to Forum Member Tanks here (I started my build thread on www.dfwmas.org and then moved here). Whatever you choose to do, it is entirely up to you. They will only give you one badge even if you have multiple build threads.

This might help you find even more people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
CosmicMan

CosmicMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Michael and Welcome! Glad you joined. I am SO excited you already support your local NJ Club!! There is magic in those local relationships.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). It is never to early to start thread for new tank or you might consider having build thread moved from NJ (copy & paste) to Forum Member Tanks here (I started my build thread on www.dfwmas.org and then moved here). Whatever you choose to do, it is entirely up to you. They will only give you one badge even if you have multiple build threads.

This might help you find even more people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Hi, yes was planning on it. As soon as I get started. Probably a couple more weeks.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

- Michael

Hello Michael!

Welcome to the slippery slope that is saltwater aquariums.

I see you are planning a 100 gallon build. A better strategy would be to decide what fish you want to keep and then designing your build around the intended inhabitants.

So... what kind of fish do you wish to have in your tank?

OP
OP
CosmicMan

CosmicMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Michael!

Welcome to the slippery slope that is saltwater aquariums.

I see you are planning a 100 gallon build. A better strategy would be to decide what fish you want to keep and then designing your build around the intended inhabitants.

So... what kind of fish do you wish to have in your tank?
Hi Dom,

Had a lot of fun with my first tank.

I want to get the same fish I add before but this time wanted to add a yellow tang. Do you have any recommendations for fish that you would put in a 100 gallon but not a 55?

pair of clowns
royal gramma
diamond goby
yellow tang

- Michael

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dom,

Had a lot of fun with my first tank.

I want to get the same fish I add before but this time wanted to add a yellow tang. Do you have any recommendations for fish that you would put in a 100 gallon but not a 55?

pair of clowns
royal gramma
diamond goby
yellow tang

- Michael

Those are all small fish with the exception of the yellow tang. You should be fine with 100 gallons.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back