Hello from Austin, TX

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pictures. Gorgeous tank. I am in Austin as well, down near the Salt Lick in Hays Co.

Laissez les bonne temps roulee,
Patrick

Another one down near us! I’m in reunion ranch, about 10-15 mins from the OP.

Tank is looking great! You should get a build thread up with more details! How much of that LPS you got from me a while back do you still have? Looks like you got the SPS itch like I did ;)

OP
OP
eddius_maximus

eddius_maximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another one down near us! I’m in reunion ranch, about 10-15 mins from the OP.

Tank is looking great! You should get a build thread up with more details! How much of that LPS you got from me a while back do you still have? Looks like you got the SPS itch like I did ;)

Small world! A build thread's not a bad idea. I still have all the corals I got from you! Happy and growing. The SPS itch is very real. Its a constant battle making the sticks work with the Euphyllia but I'm gonna make it happen.

OP
OP
eddius_maximus

eddius_maximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

what Settings do you use by the V4?
Which water values do you have?

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick, my V4 is running:

Channel 1 (white): 80%
Channel 2 (blue): 100%
Channel 3 (violet): 100%
Channel 4 (uv): 90%

I'd be happy to screenshot my settings if that'd be helpful for you. My total schedule runs around 14 hours but that includes a fairly long sunset period.

Water values are below although I haven't measured phosphate or nitrate in a very very long time. No matter how dirty I keep my tank, there is no algae, so I overstock and overfeed, I figure it's good for the corals. And I'm assuming my chaeto (which grows like mad) cushions any excess.
Alk: 9.5
Mag: 1500
Calcium: 450

I check alkalinity every single morning without fail and tweak my doser accordingly. The other two get tested for once a week or so.

I haven't done a water change in 3 or 4 months. I run my skimmer on the wet side and toss in new saltwater to accommodate for the volume the skimmer removes. This averages about a cup every 3 days or so. And I dose Red Sea Coral Colors once a day. I get visible daily SPS growth so at this point it's auto pilot.

gilman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see screen shots of your lighting program . Also how deep is your tank ?

Im running a V4 on my 40breeder and a couple of my SPS and LPS are very pastel looking not deep and colorful like yours .

OP
OP
eddius_maximus

eddius_maximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see screen shots of your lighting program . Also how deep is your tank ?

Im running a V4 on my 40breeder and a couple of my SPS and LPS are very pastel looking not deep and colorful like yours .

Screenshots attached. My tank is 22" deep. I have my Atlantiks hanging around a foot above waterline.

Pastel (aka pale) colors tells me they're hungry. This is just an educated guess as I don't know much about your system.

How many fish do you have? What do you feed them? To give you some context I have like 14 fish in a 120 gallon. They're large fish. I make homemade food with a slurry of oysters, clams, scallops, shrimp, nori, reef roids, and I feed *massive* amounts twice a day. If I had to equate the quantity to the little square cubes of fish food, probably seven or eight per day.

channel1.png channel2.png channel3.png channel4.png

gilman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40breeder with 4 fish , I feed heavily . My corals look great besides a select few . I have a bonsai colonie that looks nothing like a bonsai in color . My Atlantik is at the same height as yours 12” .

Alk-8.6
Cal-460-470
Nitrate- .5
PO4- not detectable

B7A443CA-25D1-4945-AFBD-EE1C86666098.jpeg

Purplelobst92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I've been lurking for years. I'm not sure why but something inspired me to finally create an account and actually interact. So, hi!

Here's my present tank... It's a little over a year old. Reefer 450. Two Orphek Atlantik V4s as lighting. Primary nutrient export is via chaeto and ATB 840 v2 Skimmer (with a little bag of GAC hangin' in the sump). It's a true mixed reef. I have a little bit of everything in there! I dose 2 part around the clock. Aside from that, no additives. Keeping it simple. Keeping my hands out of the tank as much as possible.

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg
13.jpg
Beautiful system! Im from Seattle Wa, though Im originally from Harlingen Texas, im new to this forum as well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back