hello from Belgium

Jawsee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to you all,my name is Luc and i have togheter whit my wife Anja the seawatervirus,she is the owner of a nano whit around 100 l water in it,i have a maintank from around 1000 l water connected whit 5 other tanks in the basement,the total systems contains around 2300 l,our interest goes too acropora,lps and offcourse nice zoo's,a first pic from the maintank,in short time i will open an diary so you can follow the live around here,sorry for my bad english writing:)

DSC_0007Large.jpg

ericd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!!:marv I think we need more pics of that one. Amazing.
Welcome!!!
I would ask for a stock list but I think that would slow down the server too much.

I think I see a spot that needs another coral.LOL

Lytehouse

just havin' fun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R...

Nice first post... you got our attention.... lol

looking forward to more pics and more information.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to R2R Luc and Anja... :)

it's amazing how far R2R has gone in a few years... totally going international... ;)

awesome tank and I will keep my eye out on the full description of the tank and livestock... :D

OP
OP
J

Jawsee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,thanks for the nice welcome,we wil make a new topic by the member tanks so you can see en hopefully have some fun to see some pic's and info from our tanks:p

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,thanks for the nice welcome,we wil make a new topic by the member tanks so you can see en hopefully have some fun to see some pic's and info from our tanks:p
awesome.. looking forward to seeing the tank thread.. :)

again, welcome to R2R..

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r. You will love it here everyone is really nice. :) By the way, AMAZING tank!

OP
OP
J

Jawsee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your nice reply's,i will post some pic's from the maintank now and give some info about it,hope you enyou it:) This tank was started around december 2003. It was started up with reefceramick because we didn't wan't to see the glass on the back. It also has a bridge and a pillar from the same material to bring some depht into the tank. We have about 150kg of living rock ?After two years we would expand towards the basement to make the system bigger and better. At first i had to make it deeper because i could not stand there. after that i imported the electrics into the floor, I made pipelines for the water to come in and then installed the other tanks when they had arrived. There now are the follwing tanks:
A colectortank (160X80X30). Here i collect corals and frags. I buy some or exchange them with friends. Lightning is 6X 80 watt aquasience special.
A fishtank (90X80X50). There is about 50 kg of living rock and corals in this tank but there are only 3 fishes in this tank because this is the tank where i put my new fish in so they can addept at ease on the new system and where they also learn to eat when they don't. Lightening is 8X 39 watt aquasience special.
A equipmenttank (90X80X40). Here you will see the BBking 300 and the open careactor.
A fragtank (120X80X30). Those frags are for sale. Lightning 6X54 watt aquasience special.
A empty sump with only water (140X80X60). Here i can change around 400 liters of water without shutting down something. I change 180l of water every 3 weeks and i use 4 different kinds of seasalt for it. I must say that i spend more time here than looking at the maintank. About two months after the switch the maintank above really went forward with an amazing growt of the corals. All the parameters from the water are much more stabil now. After 2,5 years i began collecting most off my fish. I had done this for two reasons. I had to put more and more calciumnitrate in the tank because the corals consumened everything and therefore i wanted to import some more fish to improve the balance. the second reason for me was that i wanted to give the fish a good home. I hold most of my fish in pairs. I also try to search for some different kinds of fish.
Some pic's now,

DSC_0026Large-3.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jawsee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i post this on not correct,it should be by tank members,perhaps one of the mods can correct this;)

Trull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salut Luc and welcome to R2R...
Very very nice tank...it's amazing...
Can you give more pics???description? your set up???your coral...

I'm french and i live in Villeneuve d'ascq in north of france...

A bientôt....
Jo

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back