0   0   0
Prayers to you for a full and healthy recovery! Welcome to R2R

images (1).jpg

MuffinMonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Cobalt C-Vue 40, a box of the life rock “shapes”, and a bag of the special grade live sand from my new awesome LFS, The Reef, in Indianapolis. I also just ordered and installed my first RODI unit from BRS.

Welcome to R2R! I too live in indianapolis! Looking forward to your build thread. Im currently in the middle of setting up a new tank and cycling rock myself, its exciting!

gafoley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My name is Josh, and I’m setting up a reef tank as my reward for finishing my first round of chemo and radiation following my rectal cancer diagnosis a few months ago. My plan is to get it set up and cycling before my surgery, so I’ll be ready to start stocking it by the time I’m up and about again.

15 years ago I had a little 29 gallon reef with simple equipment: a cheap hob skimmer, power compact lighting, and a single power head. It managed to grow some cool stuff from the live rock I got from the LFS, Uncle Bill’s, but I only added a few fish and some polyps. I broke it down when we moved and have never had the time to try again. I promised myself that I would do it better if I ever did set up another one.

I purchased a Cobalt C-Vue 40, a box of the life rock “shapes”, and a bag of the special grade live sand from my new awesome LFS, The Reef, in Indianapolis. I also just ordered and installed my first RODI unit from BRS.

I’ll start a build thread in the AIO topic area, but I wanted to introduce myself here first. I’ve been lurking for a while and this appears to be an awesome forum. I’m looking forward to sharing my build and hopefully getting some good advice along the way.
Welcome to the group! Good luck on your surgery and your reef tank. You'll find the people on here quite helpful. Keep us posted on your progress, both health and reef tank!

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My name is Josh, and I’m setting up a reef tank as my reward for finishing my first round of chemo and radiation following my rectal cancer diagnosis a few months ago. My plan is to get it set up and cycling before my surgery, so I’ll be ready to start stocking it by the time I’m up and about again.

15 years ago I had a little 29 gallon reef with simple equipment: a cheap hob skimmer, power compact lighting, and a single power head. It managed to grow some cool stuff from the live rock I got from the LFS, Uncle Bill’s, but I only added a few fish and some polyps. I broke it down when we moved and have never had the time to try again. I promised myself that I would do it better if I ever did set up another one.

I’ll start a build thread in the AIO topic area, but I wanted to introduce myself here first. I’ve been lurking for a while and this appears to be an awesome forum. I’m looking forward to sharing my build and hopefully getting some good advice along the way.
hi josh. I live in bloomingotn Indiana. my wife just got done with hodgkins and went through chemo. shoot me a message sometime if you ever want to chat in text or have any questions.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back