Hello from Central Indiana

jj9611

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My name is Josh, and I’m setting up a reef tank as my reward for finishing my first round of chemo and radiation following my rectal cancer diagnosis a few months ago. My plan is to get it set up and cycling before my surgery, so I’ll be ready to start stocking it by the time I’m up and about again.

15 years ago I had a little 29 gallon reef with simple equipment: a cheap hob skimmer, power compact lighting, and a single power head. It managed to grow some cool stuff from the live rock I got from the LFS, Uncle Bill’s, but I only added a few fish and some polyps. I broke it down when we moved and have never had the time to try again. I promised myself that I would do it better if I ever did set up another one.

I purchased a Cobalt C-Vue 40, a box of the life rock “shapes”, and a bag of the special grade live sand from my new awesome LFS, The Reef, in Indianapolis. I also just ordered and installed my first RODI unit from BRS.

I’ll start a build thread in the AIO topic area, but I wanted to introduce myself here first. I’ve been lurking for a while and this appears to be an awesome forum. I’m looking forward to sharing my build and hopefully getting some good advice along the way.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Josh!

017F21A4-74BC-446B-87E7-63B52934641C.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello from across the globe and welcome to the R2R community. Glad you joined us and looking forward to some pics of your system

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! I appreciate your resiliency - we're glad you're here!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

From Carmel Indiana :)

Keep fighting the good fight, my father just had colon cancer surgery and it went well! God bless

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back