Josh's Cobalt C-Vue 40 AIO Build

jj9611

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I promised in my intro post, https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/hello-from-central-indiana.661029/ , here is my build thread:

I'll start with a quick equipment list:

Tank - Cobalt C-Vue 40, which includes dual CVP265 return pumps: https://www.cobaltaquatics.com/products/c-vue-aquarium-kit?variant=3723503140893

Lights - Current IC Pro 36inch (using option tank mount brackets model #4193) : https://current-usa.com/orbit-marine-ic-pro-dual-led/

Circulation Pump - Current eFlux Wave Pump 6004 - https://current-usa.com/eflux-aquarium-wave-pumps/

Protein Skimmer - Tunze DOC 9004: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/tunze-comline-doc-skimmer-9004.html

Heater Controller - Inkbird ITC-306T : Amazon product ASIN B07PHPSYMN

Heaters - Dual Cobalt Neotherm 150w: https://www.cobaltaquatics.com/products/neo-therm-heater?variant=32595942282


Auto Top Off - JBJ ATO: Amazon product ASIN B001JK70K8

RO/DI Unit - BRS 4 Stage Value Plus: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/4-stage-value-plus-ro-di-system-bulk-reef-supply.html

Power Management - Eliminator E107: Amazon product ASIN B000GASJF2
 
I was not a fan of the flat pack stand that goes with the C-Vue 40, so I built my own:

IMG_2416.jpg


IMG_2432.jpg


IMG_2440.jpg
 
I finally got around to setting the tank on the stand and hooking up the equipment on November 5th.



IMG_2488.jpg


IMG_2492.jpg


IMG_2511.jpg


IMG_2496.jpg
 
After watching a complete cycle via dialy testing with Redsea test kits, I picked up a small softy rock, 3 Trochus snails, and a pair of Allard's Clownfish from my LFS: https://www.facebook.com/pg/thereefindy/posts/?ref=page_internal

IMG_2518.jpg


IMG_2522.jpg


And, yes you can see the diatoms starting out, but they're starting to fade already.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new