0   0   0
1564622704278.gif

sick1166

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time aquarium owner here! New to the hobby but the wife and I are excited to get started!

We inherited a set up from a friend who was moving and didn't want to ship everything to his new place. 90 gal display with a sump tank for below the stand, a couple lights, pumps, and a CO2 system, (oh and 110 lbs of gravel.) I'm still finalizing purchases of PVC fittings and looking for a good drain hose (have a 1.5in sch80 bulkhead for the drain) before we start putting everything together.

I have been lurking and reading and learning a ton...and am very excited to continue to read, learn and contribute!

Pictures will come once we get things working!

Plans are to stick with a planted freshwater setup, but it is nice to know the system we inherited has had success with coral!
Welcome you will go marine in the future every 1 does

OP
OP
radguy105

radguy105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update...

Thank you for all of the welcomes! It truly is great to have the wife on-board, it makes explaining things like wanting to buy a new CO2 regulator easier :)

20191012_152902.jpg

20191116_093218.jpg

So far the plants are doing well. This is a lot more work than I originally thought when I accepted the gear, but it is worth it when we get to relax and look at the fish!

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Downers Grove. It'd be great if we could get some reefers together for vacation watching, frags, etc.
Agreed, some kind of frag swap would be great. Especially since I’m only 5 weeks into my first tank.
There’s so many fish stores within 20 minutes of me I’m sure there’s quite a few people within the reefing hobby.

Back