0   0   0
72F57838-06A5-45B7-97A9-FFD782211019.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
February will mark 3 years of Reefkeeping for me. My previous experience consists of my father keeping saltwater aquariums when I was growing up in the 80s, and he had a tropical fish wholesale company. I was a Marine Biology major for part of my time in college.
Currently I work as a pilot and spend some time on the road, but am still able to keep reef tanks. Currently running: I have a Waterbox 10 under a Kessil A80 with LPS and a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25 with a Gen 5 XR15 pro with LPS.
I suppose I need to do a build thread because I just bought a Waterbox 90.3 that I have to plumb.
For now, my interests are LPS and shrimp that I collect on our yearly trips to The Keys (Ancylomenes pedersoni, Periclimenes yucatanicus, Thor sp.)

Anyone else have a reef tank and spend 3-4 days away from home at a time?

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Excited you are already considering starting your build thread! I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Entirely up to you, but you might even consider making threads for your other existing tanks, because its always interesting to see how people maintain their system when they have heavy work travel schedules.

This might help you find people local to you in Chicago:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

OP
OP
cpoynter

cpoynter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I’m science teacher here in Chicago, on the North side. I think there are a good number of CHI people on the board.
That's good to hear. Not sure if it's appropriate to ask where you are a teacher on a forum or not, but both of my children are in CPS and my wife is a CPS substitute teacher.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back