Hello from Denver

ljc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been the hobby for about two years and have had four used tanks.
16 Gallon Biocube - now sold but I still have my first cleaner and clown from that tank which was a great way to get into the hobby.
75 Gallon - drilled with 30 gallon sump underneath. Made a DIY air skimmer and learned that if your intake gets clogged and you have an ATO, your tank will overflow on vacation.
60 Gallon - Purchased this one to move the 75 gallon when we got a new house. It's very high and difficult to clean but beautiful shape. Sump is underneath and small (my aching back)
210 gallon (not drilled). Just purchased used last week. I couldn't watch while the movers took it down to my basement. It's not drilled. I'll be re-sealing it myself. See my questions about a sump inside the tank. I'm going to take my time setting this one up. Making my first DIY rock!

Anyway, thank you for this forum. It's pretty incredible.

Lou

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

OP
OP
ljc

ljc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.if you need help doing NY drilling let me know. I do all the tank and grow setups ant algaebarn here in Denver. Drilled many a tanks.
Thank you. I may take you up on it. I don't know if it's plate glass (it is an older Oceanic 210 G). When I did the polarization test with my cell phone I couldn't tell. I'm considering a AIO build inside this tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
ljc

ljc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to the show.
did someone say diy rock?
check my build. if the project interests you, msg me. :cool:
Wow, your rocks (and everything else on your build thread) are really cool. I like the stamps you used! Is there PVC inside? I was thinking of having some "rock encrusted" PVC to route flow to different parts of my tank. I also liked using the PVC plates as feet for the rocks. Great idea!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back