Hello from Geelong, AUS :)

Sarahlouise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I have usually had freshwater fish most of my childhood, but last year decided to buy a 90L tank for the purpose of getting into the saltwater hobby. This tank has worked magnificently and has allowed me to learn a lot about saltwater tanks, but I want to make the jump to reef tanks now and potentially look into corals and different kinds of fish. I recently bought a minireef180 and am currently in the middle of the cycle and waiting to transfer the fish from my other tank.
I love to research everything before I do anything, so this forum has been a great opportunity to increase my understanding and troubleshoot the various issues I've encountered. Unfortunately, there is only one LFS that stocks marine fish and their advice can at times be unethical or uneducated, and the nearest fish store for me is an hour and a half drive :/ This is what makes R2R perfect for my burning questions as I can get an abundance of advice that is researched without trying to sell me products!
I look forward to documenting my reef journey with R2R and meeting people with the same passion for fish-keeping!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 9.05.55 AM.png

Scrubber_steve

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I have usually had freshwater fish most of my childhood, but last year decided to buy a 90L tank for the purpose of getting into the saltwater hobby. This tank has worked magnificently and has allowed me to learn a lot about saltwater tanks, but I want to make the jump to reef tanks now and potentially look into corals and different kinds of fish. I recently bought a minireef180 and am currently in the middle of the cycle and waiting to transfer the fish from my other tank.
I love to research everything before I do anything, so this forum has been a great opportunity to increase my understanding and troubleshoot the various issues I've encountered. Unfortunately, there is only one LFS that stocks marine fish and their advice can at times be unethical or uneducated, and the nearest fish store for me is an hour and a half drive :/ This is what makes R2R perfect for my burning questions as I can get an abundance of advice that is researched without trying to sell me products!
I look forward to documenting my reef journey with R2R and meeting people with the same passion for fish-keeping!
1578546572095.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
We’re glad you joined us and welcome to the R2R community !!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back