So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello Everyone!

Me and my 7YO son broke down our FW planted tank to convert to a SW Reef. I'm new to SW but have a science background so this seemed like an awesome project, and I have had fun learning and exploring all that goes into these ecosystems. I'm hoping to foster his interest in corals, and challenge myself in trying to keep a slice of an ecosystem from half the world away in my house.

This forum has helped me wrap my head around what is involved in this hobby. I look forward to being part of the community.

33 Gallon Long Build - First Time Reefer - No Sump, No Skimmer

Welcome
tenor.gif

Maxout

attiland

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello Everyone!

Me and my 7YO son broke down our FW planted tank to convert to a SW Reef. I'm new to SW but have a science background so this seemed like an awesome project, and I have had fun learning and exploring all that goes into these ecosystems. I'm hoping to foster his interest in corals, and challenge myself in trying to keep a slice of an ecosystem from half the world away in my house.

This forum has helped me wrap my head around what is involved in this hobby. I look forward to being part of the community.

Welcome to the salty side
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Fish Think Pink

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello Everyone!

Welcome! Glad you joined. CONGRATS on already having your build thread. This is such a great family hobby - glad he helped nudge you into the salty side!

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

KrisReef

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello Everyone!

This is fantastic. That young man needs to get into salt water quick! Welcome to Reef2Reef!

What do you use?

• Gfo

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Carbon

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • Carbon & GFO

Votes: 31 39.2%
  • Water changes

Votes: 45 57.0%
Chaos Aquaculture