Hello from Ireland!

ReefPete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R!

After some time of lurking, reading, checking, watching and so on I thought it's a time to finally say 'hi', so here it goes :)

Even if I'm not a stranger to fishkeeping, as I've been keeping/breeding tanganyika cichlids for several years, I'm still a newbie to saltwater, as I got my first nano tank 3 years ago (EVO 13.5). I just wish first advice someone would give me, back then, would be 'go as big as you can' (and maybe another one - 'don't buy everything what looks nice' ;) ). After a year since getting EVO I upgraded it to 30G (leaving EVO as QT). And now when another year since the upgrade passed I'm thinking about doubling the size (while still keeping 30G). I should definitely start with the latest :)

Anyway, thanks for having me here! :)
Pete

P.S. Here's a recent pic of my tank, mainly LPS with few soft/SPS ones:

20201101_211740.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very pretty tank
Welcome from across the globe and to the R2R community

U

User1

View Badges
Hi R2R!

After some time of lurking, reading, checking, watching and so on I thought it's a time to finally say 'hi', so here it goes :)

Even if I'm not a stranger to fishkeeping, as I've been keeping/breeding tanganyika cichlids for several years, I'm still a newbie to saltwater, as I got my first nano tank 3 years ago (EVO 13.5). I just wish first advice someone would give me, back then, would be 'go as big as you can' (and maybe another one - 'don't buy everything what looks nice' ;) ). After a year since getting EVO I upgraded it to 30G (leaving EVO as QT). And now when another year since the upgrade passed I'm thinking about doubling the size (while still keeping 30G). I should definitely start with the latest :)

Anyway, thanks for having me here! :)
Pete

P.S. Here's a recent pic of my tank, mainly LPS with few soft/SPS ones:

20201101_211740.jpg

Welcome. However, forgot to tell us lads where you are from on the lovely Emerald Island! Few close friends live in Galway, Cork, Kerry, and Dublin so I visit every other year and spend a month roaming the island. Well, not this year due to C19.

Again, welcome!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back