Hello from Las Vgas

  • Thread starter Thread starter keokea
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

keokea

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2011
Messages
115
Reaction score
1
Location
Las Vegas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I been lurking around r2r for awhile now and decided to register.
I currently have a little 24 tall mixed reef, koi pond and a bunch of fw tanks.

ALL my tanks are taken care of by my family and friends, I NEVER TOUCH MY TANKS. I was in a diving accident ten years ago which caused my paralysis. Luckily my family tries to help me still stay in touch with my passion for the ocean.

My reef was established on thanksgiving last year, it has a hob protein skimmer/refuge combo (from ecosystem) also a canister filter to push my chiller, and mp10 for flow. for lighting i have 18 cree led's at 1/1 ratio on white and royal blue. i have water changes done every friday or saturday of 5 gallons… The tank is doing decent but is ghetto ugly from the equipment. :(

I took the plunge and purchased a lee-mar 67 gallon (48x18x18), reeflo pump, trigger systems sump, vertex in-180, and doing a 50 led light. I want to plumb the 2 together so all my filtration is nice and tidy under the 67. We're calling it TheReefRoom :) Any Suggestions on plumbing them together would be appreciated.

Right now everything is in boxes waiting, I need a electrician to come run a new outlet on its own breaker. This room runs way too much electricity as is.

We're going to try documenting the build process and maintenance of this on youtube here's a lil video of my current setup a few months back shot with my phone.

TheReefRoom's Channel - YouTube

I have a lot of questions and this seems to be a very informative site with friendly members.

Thanks
Ke0
 
Welcome to R2R. Glad to have you here (and registered!) : ).
 
Hello and welcome! Glad you decided to register and I can't wait to see how your reef room comes along! :)
 
Welcome to R2R! Glad you decided to join!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new