Hello from MA

Fishbike13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First post here, decided to pull the trigger on starting a reef tank after first starting my research 2 years ago.

Initially i felt that i didnt have the experience or time/money to properly care for a reef tank, so i put it on the back burner until about a year ago when i started my first freshwater tank. Since then i contracted multiple tank syndrome and ended up with a 40 breeder planted tank, and a 55g mbuna cichlid tank. Both tanks are about 8 months old and maintenance has been much easier than i expected with the planted tank really only needing a 30% water change every other week, and the cichlid tank gets a 25% water change weekly.

As far as the reef tank goes i have only just begun collecting equipment starting with a 40 breeder tank and a 20 long for the sump. I also built my own stand.

reef stand1.jpg
reef stand2.jpg

A bit long winded, but i look forward to using this forum as a tool to help me put this tank together in the most efficient and rewarding way possible.

If there is another section of the forum that is better suited to this build please let me know!

thank you everyone

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.to R2R and thanks for saying hello :) the member tanks forum would be a great place to post your build and allow us to follow along :)
giphy (10).gif
#WelcometoR2R

OP
OP
Fishbike13

Fishbike13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Nice build so far. Just make sure your tank is level. Had a 40B crack. What a heck of a day that was!
Oh trust me i will, its currently just sitting in the living room, i have some clearing out to do before i can move it to its home. I also still need to seal the inside and stain+seal the outside of the stand

Back