Hello from Manhattan!

mbri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

First would love to say - this place is amazing! I have learned so much and have been inspired by so many of your posts in my short time being on the platform, and I’m so excited to be apart of this community.
Growing up I had a 45 gallon tank that was gifted to my mom and I from her brother (he was upgrading to a 125 gallon himself!) that I quite literally could not keep my hands out of. Since this was shortly after my favorite movie of all time, Finding Nemo, came out, we naturally got a ‘Nemo,’ a ’Dory,’ a ‘Bubbles,’ and a ‘Jacques.’ Some of my fondest memories from my childhood involved that tank, and I have missed it dearly. Fast forward to my 26th birthday, my mom surprised me with a tank! It’s a 13.5 gallon Fluval Evo (perfect size for us NYC apartment dwellers), and I am absolutely ecstatic to be starting it up! I’ve currently got some live sand, dry rock (who doesn’t love a challenge?), and some bottled bacteria to hopefully help kickstart the cycle. I will be reading through all of your posts for the next couple of months while I watch my tank cycle, eager to learn as much as I can from all of you!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

First would love to say - this place is amazing! I have learned so much and have been inspired by so many of your posts in my short time being on the platform, and I’m so excited to be apart of this community.
Growing up I had a 45 gallon tank that was gifted to my mom and I from her brother (he was upgrading to a 125 gallon himself!) that I quite literally could not keep my hands out of. Since this was shortly after my favorite movie of all time, Finding Nemo, came out, we naturally got a ‘Nemo,’ a ’Dory,’ a ‘Bubbles,’ and a ‘Jacques.’ Some of my fondest memories from my childhood involved that tank, and I have missed it dearly. Fast forward to my 26th birthday, my mom surprised me with a tank! It’s a 13.5 gallon Fluval Evo (perfect size for us NYC apartment dwellers), and I am absolutely ecstatic to be starting it up! I’ve currently got some live sand, dry rock (who doesn’t love a challenge?), and some bottled bacteria to hopefully help kickstart the cycle. I will be reading through all of your posts for the next couple of months while I watch my tank cycle, eager to learn as much as I can from all of you!

Welcome! and Welcome Back to hobby! Sounds like your whole family has salty blood. Everything you knew before still applies, so that makes things a little easier. This is a good reference book type article I find I still go back to check things:

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

OP
OP
mbri

mbri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! and Welcome Back to hobby! Sounds like your whole family has salty blood. Everything you knew before still applies, so that makes things a little easier. This is a good reference book type article I find I still go back to check things:

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)
Thank you so much! I appreciate you sharing the link! I was thinking of starting a build thread, to your point it is a great way to document the progress, so I think I will definitely start one. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back