Hello from Maryland!

rnd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earlier this summer, my son's beloved betta died. Seemed like a good time to switch his Fluval V over to a little reef tank!

IMG-6577.jpg

We've had some palys, GSP, and Kenya tree coral in there for about a month now (with a bunch of snails and a couple hermits, and no plans for fish). It's the first reef tank I've had since I sold everything from my 40 breeder reef (except the tank!) back in 2012.

The plan was to start this little 5 gallon tank and then re-start the 40 breeder in about six months or so.

But then I saw PetCo was selling this for $90 this week.

IMG-6726.jpg

I'm on the schedule for a LifeReef sump/skimmer/reefugium later this year, while I slowly cobble together all the parts I need and build a stand. Fingers crossed I'll be able to have the 75 up and running sometime in the first quarter of 2021.

In the meantime, I look forward to browsing through the forum to see what's changed and what's stayed the same in the eight years I've been away!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im formerly from Silver Spring/Wheaton area

welcome25.gif

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earlier this summer, my son's beloved betta died. Seemed like a good time to switch his Fluval V over to a little reef tank!

IMG-6577.jpg

We've had some palys, GSP, and Kenya tree coral in there for about a month now (with a bunch of snails and a couple hermits, and no plans for fish). It's the first reef tank I've had since I sold everything from my 40 breeder reef (except the tank!) back in 2012.

The plan was to start this little 5 gallon tank and then re-start the 40 breeder in about six months or so.

But then I saw PetCo was selling this for $90 this week.

IMG-6726.jpg

I'm on the schedule for a LifeReef sump/skimmer/reefugium later this year, while I slowly cobble together all the parts I need and build a stand. Fingers crossed I'll be able to have the 75 up and running sometime in the first quarter of 2021.

In the meantime, I look forward to browsing through the forum to see what's changed and what's stayed the same in the eight years I've been away!
Welcome to R2R! Lot has changed for the good, so much more equipment options now. Ask all the questions you need to! Good luck

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back