Hello from Merritt Island, FL

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Setup!

Welcome to R2R from a fellow Space Coaster as well, I'm just over the bridge in Rockledge!
Space Coast Animation GIF by European Space Agency - ESA

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

OP
OP
John_in_MI

John_in_MI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, nice clean looking tank and stand!
Thank you. Admittedly, I am having trouble getting Coral to grow though. I've managed to kill two pulsing Xenia. Who even does that? I thought it was supposed to be extremely aggressive. Anyway, I just did an ICP test waiting on results. Also, ordered some new lights as I am still using the Hydra 26's that came with my tank.

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Admittedly, I am having trouble getting Coral to grow though. I've managed to kill two pulsing Xenia. Who even does that? I thought it was supposed to be extremely aggressive. Anyway, I just did an ICP test waiting on results. Also, ordered some new lights as I am still using the Hydra 26's that came with my tank.
I need to do another ICP just to check on things. One thing that I've found is light intensity can make a big difference especially if everything else is not perfect. One of the best things I ever did was to get a Par meter and measure all possible coral placement spots at different intensities and record the results. This should help me to place corals better moving forward and set my lights correctly. This is where I recorded the results.

After reading how Blastos like very low light I found a spot on the sand under an overhang that seems to have made them very happy.

My understanding is pulsing Xenia can adapt to a variety lighting so your lights may or may not be the issue. It would be interesting to see the results of the ICP if you post them.

jermzisurmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights did u order and plan on selling any old lights??

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back