Hello from Space Coast, FL

ff2807

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, new to the forum. Not new to reefing but took a 15 year break. I walked into a fish/coral store for a kid’s school project, and as I’m sure you all know the “addiction” took over again. A week later I have a 16g bio cube set up and and a perplexed wife. *side note* is there a thread for how to deal with or support for a spouse that doesn’t understand the reefing addiction.

Anyway, nice to be a part of the community now.
Hello from Titusville !!

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANG-WELCOME.gif

OP
OP
smalta87

smalta87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where you at on the coast? in Brevard? I'm in PSJ. New to the forum but not to reefing, been at it for about 15 years and have kept sw fish for 33 years now.
Been married for 26 years and the wife gets it but doesn't share my passion for reefing and I have no wise words on how to handle

Where you at on the coast? in Brevard? I'm in PSJ. New to the forum but not to reefing, been at it for about 15 years and have kept sw fish for 33 years now.
Been married for 26 years and the wife gets it but doesn't share my passion for reefing and I have no wise words on how to handle that.
Yep, in Satellite Beach. I think I’ll follow Ocean_Queenies advice

OP
OP
smalta87

smalta87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and a very warm welcome to you, fellow reefer!

I'm curious, are you planning to stick with the 16-gallon bio-cube? I've been on my own reefing adventure for 2 years now with a 40-gallon tank. Every time I pop into my local fish store, I find myself torn between wanting something bigger – it's a real battle between the devil and angel on my shoulders! So far, I've managed to hold off, but it's a constant temptation, haha.

Wishing you the very best with your new setup. Here's hoping the reef Gods bestow their blessings upon you. And remember, may the force be with you, young Jedi!
Yeah I am planning a sticking with 16 for now. I’ve had bigger setups in the past a 55 gal fowl and I will probably eventually go back to a bigger tank. That’s down the road though when I don’t have the kids and have more money. Got a good 30 years to go until that though. Ha. Thanks for the well wishes.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me corals are like an underwater flower garden! I dont get how Its mostly men!

I do get that men like all the high tech gear that goes along with it though!

I sure wish my hubby shared my passion because I would have much more high tech gear!

Try not to laugh men, but I actually dose and top off but hand LOL I did just get an ato though, still sitting in box and only because I cant keep my skimmer skimming for ****! lol

OP
OP
smalta87

smalta87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me corals are like an underwater flower garden! I dont get how Its mostly men!

I sure wish my hubby shared my passion because I would have much more high tech gear!

Try not to laugh men, but I actually dose and top off but hand LOL I did just get an ato though, still sitting in box and only because I cant keep my skimmer skimming for ****! lol
Yeah, my wife is really pretty understanding and we would probably be in real financial trouble if we both shared the bug. I’m going to take her to pick out some fish tomorrow. I really want to get a pair of ocellaris clowns. Like a naked one or just a bit of white. But having her involved a little I think is the key so she feels like she’s a part of my “hobby”

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve had my tank set up for almost 2 years and I don’t think my wife even knows we have a tank. I manual dose myself and top off, no shame!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my wife is really pretty understanding and we would probably be in real financial trouble if we both shared the bug. I’m going to take her to pick out some fish tomorrow. I really want to get a pair of ocellaris clowns. Like a naked one or just a bit of white. But having her involved a little I think is the key so she feels like she’s a part of my “hobby”
Yes, But like you said you may get in big finaical touble! LOL. One she gets the bug its over! haha. I am a total coral junkie and like you, my hubby likes the fish!

Dont get me wrong, I do love my fish but love the corals more! haha

Been sitting here at my desk all day shopping for them. I have 3 orders coming next week already! I had 2 of them hold the order just because I know more will come up that I'll want to buy as soon as he ships them lol

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my tank set up for almost 2 years and I don’t think my wife even knows we have a tank. I manual dose myself and top off, no shame!
Glad to hear that! It does get annoying though especially late at night and I"m getting sleepy and then I think to myself "better go dose the tank" lol

Digimes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, new to the forum. Not new to reefing but took a 15 year break. I walked into a fish/coral store for a kid’s school project, and as I’m sure you all know the “addiction” took over again. A week later I have a 16g bio cube set up and and a perplexed wife. *side note* is there a thread for how to deal with or support for a spouse that doesn’t understand the reefing addiction.

Anyway, nice to be a part of the community now.
Same, until she gets her nose glued to the side and starts to notice everything she doesn't think you knew about inside.

Attachments

• 20230916_145358_0000.png
    20230916_145358_0000.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 9

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back