Hello from Michigan. First time nano reef tank.

glennkaufman

View Badges
Reaction score
I've been soaking up as much knowledge as I can from this group. But actually took the time to get signed up and stop lurking. Lol. This is my first ever salt water tank. It's a tiny 14g Biocube that I picked up for a good deal. I've been talking about doing it for years now. Just starting through the cycle now. I am at day 21 as of this post. This is a live fish tank cycle. I have been monitoring my levels daily, and probably have been trying to keep the tank too clean. I believe I am at the end of the de-nitration cycle, as things have steadied out. I've gone through a diatom bloom during a huge spike in nitrates. It is still currently battling that, but a lot of the brown has started to cycle to green. Heres a few snapshots of where I'm currently at. I would welcome any feedback as what to expect in the coming weeks. Thanks all!

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
Fritz
Maxout
Fritz
OP
glennkaufman

glennkaufman

View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome to R2R! You’ve joined a great community with lots of friendly folks willing to help when needed. Congrats on setting up your first tank!
It’s set up. Just don’t know what to expect along the way. What’s normal, what’s not. Plenty of reading in R2R has helped to this point. Just concentrating on making sure things are stable for the time being.

Budmans

Do you own your DREAM CORAL?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 61 16.2%
  • NO

Votes: 304 80.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 3.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
SP