Hello from Midland Texas ! Sorry for the long post!

R2R Welcome.jpeg
 
Hello from Midland Texas, I’m brand new to the saltwater community! I have been a freshwater keeper for 15 years and I still have a lot to learn about salt water, so any input would be appreciated ! Currently setup I have a Fluval Evo 13 gallon with a small porcupine puffer and a ocellaris clown and a heavy mixed clean up crew with a fat sea hare (no corals and probably not going to have any in this tank) getting setup is a 125 gallon cheapo with a GDLF stand (I’m going to run twin fx4’s (mechanical) and a fx6 (bio) I know I haven gotten way to much flack from the salt water community for this) but this is going to be my grow out tank that will house my biggest fish with very little live rock inside and currently on the way is a 180 gallon with a 40 gallon sump that will be my reef setup, a 32 gallon bio cube (idk what I’m going to do with this one) and a 60 gallon hospital (ghetto setup that currently houses what freshwater fish I have left) and 5 or 6 20-40 gallon empty tanks for quarantine/frags/whatever etc I look forward to everyone’s input please !

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg IMG_6857.jpeg
Im in Midland,Texas!! Hows your tank doing??
 
Hello from Midland Texas, I’m brand new to the saltwater community! I have been a freshwater keeper for 15 years and I still have a lot to learn about salt water, so any input would be appreciated ! Currently setup I have a Fluval Evo 13 gallon with a small porcupine puffer and a ocellaris clown and a heavy mixed clean up crew with a fat sea hare (no corals and probably not going to have any in this tank) getting setup is a 125 gallon cheapo with a GDLF stand (I’m going to run twin fx4’s (mechanical) and a fx6 (bio) I know I haven gotten way to much flack from the salt water community for this) but this is going to be my grow out tank that will house my biggest fish with very little live rock inside and currently on the way is a 180 gallon with a 40 gallon sump that will be my reef setup, a 32 gallon bio cube (idk what I’m going to do with this one) and a 60 gallon hospital (ghetto setup that currently houses what freshwater fish I have left) and 5 or 6 20-40 gallon empty tanks for quarantine/frags/whatever etc I look forward to everyone’s input please !

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg IMG_6857.jpeg
I’m getting ready to setup a new 75g reef with my old 29g Biocube next to it as a combination cryptic/macroalgae display refugium. It will be a cave or maybe temple structure in the bottom half for sponges, oysters and other filter feeders. The top half will be planted with multiple colored species of macroalgae. I plan on building a stand to put the top of the biocube slightly higher than the display. Then pumping water from the display to the refugium, using simple overflow siphon returns. Primarily to preserve pod/plankton health going into the display. Anyway, this massive fuge will go a long way to removing nutrients and adding pods/plankton to the main display.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new