Hello from Northern Michigan

states love GIF by Ethan Barnowsky

Welcome fellow michigander!!
As far as lighting you'll get a wide assortment of recommendations from the forum. There are lots of good options of to choose from. I'm running a pair of Radion xr15 gen 5's and can't complain.
 
states love GIF by Ethan Barnowsky

Welcome fellow michigander!!
As far as lighting you'll get a wide assortment of recommendations from the forum. There are lots of good options of to choose from. I'm running a pair of Radion xr15 gen 5's and can't complain.
Hello and thanks for the reply. I am living in Charlevoix County. Are you in two locations?

I will check into the Radion system.
 
Hello and thanks for the reply. I am living in Charlevoix County. Are you in two locations?

I will check into the Radion system.
No, down in the southeast. Although we used to have a cabin in Lewiston and have spent many, many weeks around Traverse City and I have family that lives in the Esacanaba area.
I'm Currently running a 75gal tank with a Lifereef sump system and controlled by an Apex controller with the Radion lights I mentioned earlier.
Keep us updated on your progress!
Happy reefing :)
 
Hello Tim and wish you the best with the corals. I read about each coral and about the amount of water movement and lighting each one needed to decide where to place them in my tank. Had a couple that had to be moved and then they started to thrive.
 
Welcome. I'm just south of detroit. My niece got married at castle farms in charlevoix. Beautiful area.

As far as lighting I'm using kessils with a quanta bar and a orephek bar. I think kessils look the best but you will get some shadowing in areas so hence the reef bars. Radions will grow the best but give you kind of a flat light. Ai blades are good too. Lots of choices but u will just have to read up and decide what u want.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new