Hello from PA

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the best possible platform on the web to get answers and meet people within this saltwater keeping hobby! No doubt a place where you can get lost in all kinds of different and insightful information!

Another great place to snag info about this hobby we all love is YouTube! I have a channel going that is basically just my journey in reefing! May have some helpful tips and tricks for ya! Let me know if you get a chance to check it out! Again, welcome to R2R!!

OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Will find the answer to any and all your questions here. Great local reef aquarium club in Pittsburgh area with lots of great events when covid is over with. Look up 3 Rivers Marine Aquarium Society when you have time
Thanks, I will check it out. I've been watching Youtube videos and searching on this forum and must say I'm becoming baffled by all the information out there. I love learning new things but I think I may be getting overloaded. LOL

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! 125 gallon is a nice size tank to start with. Better with all that water volume to keep parameters more stable. Things don't get caddy wompas at a rapid pace. Good luck with the build. Great hobby for sure. If you need help, just ask. There are plenty of people that can offer great advice and help you get through some challenges you may come across

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some pictures of your tank up on here. While you're at it, start a build thread in the members tanks section of the forum. Its a great way to share and record your progress. Plus we love build threads... They're just cool! Watching something come together has always intrigued me.

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I will check it out. I've been watching Youtube videos and searching on this forum and must say I'm becoming baffled by all the information out there. I love learning new things but I think I may be getting overloaded. LOL
Take it slow and simple in the beginning. Nothing good happens fast in this hobby. Can be very rewarding over time. You can also check out BRStv 52 weeks of reefing. Great info there for just starting out.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
xmas welcome 8.jpg

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Just getting started and this looked like a good place for asking questions. We picked up a 125gal tank and stand used and looking forward to getting it set up. After being with my wife for 16 years, I was surprised that she has always wanted a saltwater aquarium. I never had a clue. Turns out she had fish tanks before we met but not salt. So having her on board will definitely help but she's leaving it to me to do the research and most of the construction. I've had a goldfish pond since the 80s but I know this will be more challenging. Our first hurdle is cleaning it and I'm going to reseal the silicone. Then find some strong helpers to get it in the house! LOL
Hello and welcome to the channel.

OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! 125 gallon is a nice size tank to start with. Better with all that water volume to keep parameters more stable. Things don't get caddy wompas at a rapid pace. Good luck with the build. Great hobby for sure. If you need help, just ask. There are plenty of people that can offer great advice and help you get through some challenges you may come across
Thanks, We got it used with the stand and some HOB filters etc. for 200 bucks. It's not perfect but the price was right and it's cleaning up nice. Sunday I scored a 55 g for $30 that will be the sump. It will go in the basement.

OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some pictures of your tank up on here. While you're at it, start a build thread in the members tanks section of the forum. Its a great way to share and record your progress. Plus we love build threads... They're just cool! Watching something come together has always intrigued me.
Good idea ! Thanks

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, We got it used with the stand and some HOB filters etc. for 200 bucks. It's not perfect but the price was right and it's cleaning up nice. Sunday I scored a 55 g for $30 that will be the sump. It will go in the basement.
Thats cool. Any ideas on plumbing, lighting and equipment you are gonna use. I guess I should also ask what type of things you plan to keep in there?

OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats cool. Any ideas on plumbing, lighting and equipment you are gonna use. I guess I should also ask what type of things you plan to keep in there?
I just posted a partial shopping list for some hardware in the New to Saltwater section. As for livestock, wife wants everything she sees at the LFS. LOL She eventually wants fish and corrals but I explained we have to be careful what we pick and we will need serious lighting to grow corrals. There's a lot to absorb and I'm trying to concentrate on the DT/sump setup and plumbing right now.

Back