Hello from Sacramento!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefkeepers. Just introducing myself as I’ve been searching the site for a few weeks now and just joined. I’ve kept aquariums most of my life but took a break from the hobby for a few years when my kids were born and priorities shifted. I’m just getting back into it now that the kids are a bit more self-sufficient and I’ve got the time to properly care for a tiny slice of reef. I got out of the hobby about 5 years ago and coming back I’ve found a lot has changed in a fairly short time (almost exclusively LED lighting, man-made live rock, BRS acquiring Marine Depot, and so). It seems I have a lot of catching up to do and it seems I’ve found a good place for that. In the past, I was a member of some other reef forums but this one seems quite active and filled with knowledge so I thought I’d give it a try. I’ve recently picked up a Fluval Marine 32.5 with the intent of building a low-maintenance AIO mixed reef. I‘m in the process of getting my RO/DI station set up, curing old live rock saved in a 5 gal bucket, assembling a tank stand, etc… I’m also taking photos along the way in case I end up doing a build thread. Anyway, I look forward to learning, contributing, and seeing a lot of beautiful tanks.

Thanks!
Welcome!

Glad you joined

I find my build thread a great place to organize photos and track my tank's evolution over time. Mine is really by me, for me. They give incentive it with the badge (look left, under my ID), but I'm so glad I started it. Looking forward to seeing yours!

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Welcome back to the hobby my friend!! Let us know if you need any help!!

Robin Williams Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefkeepers. Just introducing myself as I’ve been searching the site for a few weeks now and just joined. I’ve kept aquariums most of my life but took a break from the hobby for a few years when my kids were born and priorities shifted. I’m just getting back into it now that the kids are a bit more self-sufficient and I’ve got the time to properly care for a tiny slice of reef. I got out of the hobby about 5 years ago and coming back I’ve found a lot has changed in a fairly short time (almost exclusively LED lighting, man-made live rock, BRS acquiring Marine Depot, and so). It seems I have a lot of catching up to do and it seems I’ve found a good place for that. In the past, I was a member of some other reef forums but this one seems quite active and filled with knowledge so I thought I’d give it a try. I’ve recently picked up a Fluval Marine 32.5 with the intent of building a low-maintenance AIO mixed reef. I‘m in the process of getting my RO/DI station set up, curing old live rock saved in a 5 gal bucket, assembling a tank stand, etc… I’m also taking photos along the way in case I end up doing a build thread. Anyway, I look forward to learning, contributing, and seeing a lot of beautiful tanks.

Thanks!

Hello! I am from Roseville, just up yonder from Sac!

OP
OP
JReef3

JReef3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R fellow Californian! Hope the current drought will not affect our hobby.
Hey there and thanks! Looks like we're only about an hour apart. :) I hope the drought doesn't as well, just bought a RO/DI water saver kit from BRS for that very reason.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Back