Hello from Seattle WA

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Freeattle. I mean Seattle....sorry about that...not really. You have a great custom tank builder up in Bellingham that can make you anything your heart desires and give you great advise. Crystal Reef Aquatics. If you are closer to Renton there is Sierra Fish and Pets. Barrier Reef Aquariums. Saltwater City is another choice.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kevin and WELCOME!!!
There are pros and cons to each of the setup choices that you have to make. There certainly is the added benefit of ease of starting with an all-in-one tank, particularly for a new hobbyist. I think that they are a great way to get started and learn a lot. With all you learn from them, you can then build a system later to your exacting specifications once you have determined what you like or don't like or what works or doesn't work for what you want to keep and your method of husbandry.
Whatever choice you make, we are all looking forward to you sharing the build and process with us with, of course, lots of photos!
Share and like often!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion get both. Keep them for a few years, then sell the one you don’t like,

Nah, kidding. Welcome

upload_2019-4-14_15-31-35.gif

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey All,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say Hi from Seattle WA... I'm just getting ready to start my own tank and found this forum and thought this would be a great place to start. I'm currently trying to decide if I should buy a all in one tank set up like Red Sea, or if I should buy everything separate and put it together myself so if anyone has any in site I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to have a tank around 50-75 gallons.

-- Kevin

Kevin - welcome to R2R!!! This is a great place to start and to learn as you grow your system and your knowledge of reefing. Search the existing R2R threads, ask questions, and watch the BRS videos. Of course, if you don't ask questions and just randomly try things on your own it is kind of like running in place or worse (and probably more expensive)!

RunningInPlace.gif

...and the people are pretty friendly too (even if you don't like cat videos). Oh, and my personal opinion is that you will learn more if you do the research and assemble the system yourself instead of buying a prepackaged solution.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I don’t have first hand experience with the Red Sea tanks, but they are definitely nice looking! My suggestion is if you are thinking 50-75... go with 75 gallons or more. You’ll end up upgrading eventually anyway [emoji12]

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Glad you joined us. lots of reading and viewing on various forums !!!

Warm-Welcome.jpg

OP
OP
KevinB79

KevinB79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Freeattle. I mean Seattle....sorry about that...not really. You have a great custom tank builder up in Bellingham that can make you anything your heart desires and give you great advise. Crystal Reef Aquatics. If you are closer to Renton there is Sierra Fish and Pets. Barrier Reef Aquariums. Saltwater City is another choice.
Yeah I have checked out the one in Renton and they are great but the price they quoted me was hundreds more then online.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back