Hello from Seattle WA

KevinB79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say Hi from Seattle WA... I'm just getting ready to start my own tank and found this forum and thought this would be a great place to start. I'm currently trying to decide if I should buy a all in one tank set up like Red Sea, or if I should buy everything separate and put it together myself so if anyone has any in site I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to have a tank around 50-75 gallons.

-- Kevin

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Kevin! The Red Sea tanks are pretty neat, I hope to own one one day :) . However I'm more of a DIY piece together.
All depends on how much you like to customize things :)
giphy (1).gif
#WelcometoR2R

BadFish619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say Hi from Seattle WA... I'm just getting ready to start my own tank and found this forum and thought this would be a great place to start. I'm currently trying to decide if I should buy a all in one tank set up like Red Sea, or if I should buy everything separate and put it together myself so if anyone has any in site I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to have a tank around 50-75 gallons.

-- Kevin
Welcome! Well I guess it all depends on how much time you're willing to invest in setup. I have always put everything together myself. Just easier for me to know whats going on and makes it easier for me to add and subtract what I need.

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

-- Kevin

Welcome to R2R!! ;Bookworm I think a Red Sea tank is a great option for a new reefer. It’s fun putting things together yourself but also nice when everything has been taken care of for you and will save you some trial and error and guesswork. PS - Once you pull the trigger on a tank, you should build a build thread on here for us to follow along. Good luck! :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back