Hello from Silver Spring MD

JBS92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m Jake and I just started my tank recently. I used to have fish when I was younger but for some reason got really into it again. I have a small 10g tank set up right now but eventually will set up my 55 gallon tank.
Currently I have two clownfish, a fire fish, and a fire shrimp. I’m a little worried because after a month of being shy one of my clownfish has become quite aggressive and wont leave the other one alone

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! :)

May I ask what type of clown you have? Maroon clown can become more aggressive as they get older.

OP
OP
J

JBS92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! :)

May I ask what type of clown you have? Maroon clown can become more aggressive as they get older.
They are Mai tai clowns.
it’s just interesting to me because the one that has become very aggressive was shimmying and showing signs of submission until yesterday. Even now it will bolt at the other clown and then turn its back and start shimmying

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are Mai tai clowns.
it’s just interesting to me because the one that has become very aggressive was shimmying and showing signs of submission until yesterday. Even now it will bolt at the other clown and then turn its back and start shimmying
Clowns will switch sexes as they grow. The large clown will become the female and the smaller one will become the male and be dominated by the female. I have a maroon that killed off two of here introduced mates until she liked the last one. Same has happened with a different species clown fish that I've had.

Having a BTA anemone will settle the clowns down when they start to host.

OP
OP
J

JBS92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns will switch sexes as they grow. The large clown will become the female and the smaller one will become the male and be dominated by the female. I have a maroon that killed off two of here introduced mates until she liked the last one. Same has happened with a different species clown fish that I've had.

Having a BTA anemone will settle the clowns down when they start to host.
Should I put a divider in the tank? When I was looking this morning the one being dominated had a chunk of its tail and anal fin (if that’s what it’s called) missing.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 119 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back