Hello from SoCal! New to this...

805Reefing

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2024
Messages
23
Reaction score
88
Location
Oxnard, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Completely new to reefing, but excited to get started. Growing up, I had a small freshwater tank and always knew I'd one day have a saltwater tank - just didn't know when.

Fast forward a couple of decades and a couple of kids later (who are just as excited) I'm here learning as much as I can from you all. I'm planning on starting a 20 gallon AIO build. Yes, I hear your gasps - Nano's are for experienced reefers!!! I figured my past experience in horticulture and hydroponic grows will translate to a successful nano tank and I really want a tank in my home office. A 20 Gallon fits perfect, and I don't want to be lugging around pails of water for my planned bi-weekly water changes.
IMG_2285.jpg


Anyhow, here's a pic of what I have so far. Waiting on a backordered Waterbox stand, and Clearview lid before I start cycling. I'll chronicle my triumphs, trials, and tribulations on a separate build thread. Thanks all!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Good luck, we have a local reefing group up here in San Luis Obispo. If you're ever this far north check out Tropics Aquarium in SLO.
It's one of the nicest cleanest stores I've ever been to.
I've been to a lot across the country over the years.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new