Hello from South Texas!

The 45 looks like this now - currently in a holding pattern with the algae as Marilyn is holed up and molting. I don’t want to risk any changes right now in parameters.
B3C11E80-E0D1-4830-9A3B-398C3BCF0481.jpeg
 
Woah - I need to take better pics! lol. I don't have any pics of Marilyn that are decent.... but I do have a video. I'll see about attaching it here in a sec...
 
Awesome, what kind of livestock are you planning on?

In my 40 breeder reef, I have a pair of clowns, a mimic tang, mandarin dragonet, lawnmower blenny (I named him Blenny Kravitz, dude also has the most amazing belly I've ever seen), a purple psuedochromis, and a fire fish goby as well as some hermits, snails, an urchin, and a conch. Oh, and some GSP, some other coral I can't remember the name of right now... and a *gorgeous* little frogspawn. :D

In my JBJ 45 I have some GSP and Marilyn my mantis shrimp. There are a few hermits in there for her to hunt... but I don't name them because I know they will be gone soon. D:
 
Gotta say, I'm on a lot of forums (I'm a Jeep guy and have owned wayyyy too many of them), but this by far has been the most welcoming forum I've ever joined. I'm stoked to join in on the conversations! :) :) :)
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new