Hello from South Texas!

BasicBitz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everybody! My name is Zack and I've always had a love for aquariums. I recently got back into the hobby and have been lurking around this forum for a while. I've got a 40 gallon breeder reef with a 20 gallon triton refugium sump, a JBJ 45 rimless AIO that houses my mantis shrimp (her name is Marilyn Mantis), and a 10 gallon copepod culture tank. :)

I love gear (who doesn't!?) - I'm using an Octo protein skimmer on my breeder reef and I'm currently configuring a brand new pair of AI Prime 16HD lights for my 40 breeder reef. Goals for this year: finally get a properly drilled tank (my breeder reef uses an overflow) and talk my wife into a tank larger than 100 gallons. Wish me luck! :D

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! We’re glad you’re here!

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Zack!

spockwelcome.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
BasicBitz

BasicBitz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the welcomes! I just went to take a new pic... and I noticed one of my anemones decided to get itself stuck in a powerhead. D: Needless to say, I'm running around getting things sorted in a quarantine and hoping this little guy will make it through. I was able to catch it in time before the impeller got it, but it's already looking like a bad situation. D: I had to cut the fan shroud off of it. :(

Will post pictures of my 40 breeder and my 45 JBJ (and Marilyn) as soon as possible!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back