Hello from South Texas!

BasicBitz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2020
Messages
53
Reaction score
120
Location
PNW
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everybody! My name is Zack and I've always had a love for aquariums. I recently got back into the hobby and have been lurking around this forum for a while. I've got a 40 gallon breeder reef with a 20 gallon triton refugium sump, a JBJ 45 rimless AIO that houses my mantis shrimp (her name is Marilyn Mantis), and a 10 gallon copepod culture tank. :)

I love gear (who doesn't!?) - I'm using an Octo protein skimmer on my breeder reef and I'm currently configuring a brand new pair of AI Prime 16HD lights for my 40 breeder reef. Goals for this year: finally get a properly drilled tank (my breeder reef uses an overflow) and talk my wife into a tank larger than 100 gallons. Wish me luck! :D
 
Welcome to R2R!!! We’re glad you’re here!
 
Welcome Zack!

spockwelcome.jpg
 
Thanks for all the welcomes! I just went to take a new pic... and I noticed one of my anemones decided to get itself stuck in a powerhead. D: Needless to say, I'm running around getting things sorted in a quarantine and hoping this little guy will make it through. I was able to catch it in time before the impeller got it, but it's already looking like a bad situation. D: I had to cut the fan shroud off of it. :(

Will post pictures of my 40 breeder and my 45 JBJ (and Marilyn) as soon as possible!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new